Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Out for a While
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Out for a While

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 12 months ago #10665

Well, I've got some big news that is both good and bad. Mostly good.

I just got word today that I have been accepted to a 6-month Master Brewer Program... in Berlin! Program starts in January, runs 6 months, and I'll likely get set up with an apprenticeship around there for another 3 months.

Bad news is, it's expensive. I'm very likely going to sell my race car and van to help pay my way, not to mention that I'm not going to be racing for over a year and would need to find a place to store everything.

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 11 months ago #10706

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Good luck Cam, it was great racing with you and knowing you. I hope to see you back at the track again and if you need any help, let me know.

Ron

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 11 months ago #10708

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Good Luck out there - you will enjoy Berlin. If you need to store the race car for a while I can find space for it here.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 11 months ago #10710

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I will be glad to "store" your race car. Having parts available is always a good thing.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 11 months ago #10712

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Hey - you other vultures back off.

Grin
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Out for a While 12 years, 11 months ago #10713

Haha!

Well, we'll see what happens, but I'm leaning strongly towards just putting the car up for sale. I won't be driving it for at least a year, probably more. When I do return from brewing school, I don't know where or when I'll end up being employed.

Not to mention that I really suspect I'm going to need the funds from it and the van to cover my expenses.

I'd rather sell the car, discover I didn't need the money, then buy/build a new racer when I get back; than to store the car, discover I need the money, and try to arrange the sale while I'm in Germany.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds