Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10721

Looks like I won't make it after all. The torsion bars won't be ready until near the end of the month.

Ron, if you need me to send you the rotors, let me know. I could probably have them there Tues/Wed.

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10723

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I might be okay if I cut practice and qualifying a little short. The rotors are slotted and the slots are gone close to the hub and almost gone everywhere else. Maybe one more weekend if the ones I ordered don't arrive in time.

Is anybody else coming or is it just Jerry and me?

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10724

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Steve - come on out ! Where's the rest of the group ?
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10726

Thunderhill weekends are expensive because it is relatively far and I can't see running the car on stock torsion bars again. I had a few close calls last time out. I think I'm going to punt this one and use the time to properly fix the front end and suspension.

Watch out at Infineon in June!

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10794

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Who would have thought we would have to worry about tornadoe's, rain that never showed, and race a 996 gt3 cup car for position! You guys missed a great weekend! The rain held off for the most part but the wind didn't, blowing hard enough to move me a car width offline more than once. PRC decided to run the bypass this time, and all of us were rusty with it so that was interesting. They also decided that using all the pavement in turn 11 was cheating, so that was out! Even still, I managed to qualify 2/10 under the admittedly old track record with the bypass. I don't think I got it in the race because I was held up for awhile by the cup car. Started next to him on sunday and had to pass him a few times in turn 2, where he stayed for a while to hold up Jerry. I was on the radio crowing to my wife that I was passing a factory Porsche racecar who's wheels and tires cost more than my whole car!

Re: Thunderhill May 14 & 15 Roll Call 12 years, 11 months ago #10795

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
And Boy did he succeed in holding me up !

Ron walked away from me both days - I need to borrow alignment and setup gear <grrr>
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds