(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Passenger Seat for HPDE

Re: Passenger Seat for HPDE 11 years, 8 months ago #13579

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I did a lot of HPDE's and drove in all kinds of cars with mix and matched equipment. It will come down to whether your instructor feels safe with your setup. I drove in a race car as a passenger in the stock seat and factory belt while the driver was in a containment seat and 6 point harness. If it is mounted securely and safely you won't have any trouble.

If you sign up for hpde 2 or above one of us can sign up as a passenger and give you some of our feedback specific to 944's if you are interested. We can all take a turn if you like so you can get all the different outlooks.

You definitely picked a challenging track for your first time! Infineon is a tough one to learn the art of racing on and there are some differences in how you will learn in hpde versus how a 944 drives there but input both within and without our group will be very valuable.

Re: Passenger Seat for HPDE 11 years, 8 months ago #13580

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Oh, almost forgot, pad the rollcage on the passenger side with the high density foam required in the CCR's not the cheap stuff. That WILL be a deal breaker!

Re: Passenger Seat for HPDE 11 years, 8 months ago #13582

A seat back brace doesn't have to bolt to the seat. Mine is a large plate that just sits right behind the seat and I don't see any reason that wouldn't work with the Corbeau. I have a spare brace somewhere but I'm not sure I could come up with it.

Re: Passenger Seat for HPDE 11 years, 8 months ago #13583

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks for all the replies.

Thanks for the reminder Ron, I have an order going into summit for some parts so forgot to add this.

Thanks Steve, I had not thought about adding an extra plate to the back brace and the just butting the sit up against it.

Ron, I will be doing a single day of HPDE 1 (they aren't doing HPDEs on sunday for some reason), but as soon as I get into HPDE 2 I would welcome any advice any of you are willing to provide!

Really appreciate the help.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Passenger Seat for HPDE 11 years, 8 months ago #13585

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
That is the normal way to attach a back brace to a non aluminium seat - the fibreglass/carbon fibre ones shouldn't be drilled.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds