Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Laguna Seca
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Laguna Seca

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16179

Fun weekend and great to see all the NoCal and AZ group again. I had a ball racing door to door with Ken throuh the corkscrew and down the hill on Sunday. My video got some of the spins and offs. It can be viewed at www.youtube.com/squidmobile1
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16182

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Great weekend with an awesome group of racers!
It is one of my favorite tracks and now you know why.
Racing at Laguna last weekend will help those of you going to Miller, it has some very similar corners that are flat out sweepers. As well as a smooth wide racing surface that will accomodate side by side racing.

Ron it was my honor to share my knowledge with the group that made the track wallk Friday evening. It is the best way to get a feel for a track and see the details.

Really hope we get to do this next year.

No need to feel embarrased Ron, you did the right thing by asking for help.

See you at Miller!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16184

Track Walk? How did I miss that?

It was a blast, like Ron said, getting to put faces and personalities with names and cars was a good thing. Steve, you are one funny guy! Looking forward to more laughs with all of you at National's.

Besides the usual 944spec camaraderie, Sunday's race is what makes the trip worth while for me, thanks to everyone for making the inverted start a reality and for having no contact as a result of the inverted start, 944spec must be at the top of the list for the closest racing with the lowest percentage of contact which says a lot for our driving ability as a group.

Ron, your "the man" to not feel well then go out and kick butt the way you did was pretty cool! You shouldn't be embarrassed, before a big race I usually throw up and poop my pants:) Hope that makes you feel better! Oh, and to compensate for the weight loss, I add one gallon of gas.

Congrats to Charlie and Jim Foxx for your first's and Charlie for your smok'n track record on Saturday.
Norman #99
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by norman#99.

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16187

Funny guy? I assume you are talking about my driving!

That was a great weekend on a great track with great people. Sunday's inverted start was a blast and thanks to my visiting the gravel trap in T11, I got to race some people twice

I saw great, close driving in all areas of the field as we all picked up speed and got to know the track. It was nice to meet all of you and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks to all the spouses and significant others for their support as well.

Charlie, I never saw that promised fish - now you are on the hook for Sonoma - pun intended.

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16189

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Steve we had that fish out for lunch on Sunday and it was good. We had to wait until you were not around though, we heard stories about your sushi eating.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 9 months ago #16227

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi,

It was real good seeing and meeting everyone there.
The weekend was too short

Ron's race report is on the front home page.
Thanks Ron!
--Ken
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds