Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sonoma Sept 27 & 28
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18173

People with radios heard green @ the starters stand but T11 was still showing yellow when a bunch of people initiated passes, including the one that passed me. Most were DQ'd. Unfortunately for me, they missed that one.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18174

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
So what's the rule? If it's green at start/finish but you can't see it and the only flag you see is yellow aren't you still under control of the yellow?

I saw that start, unfortunately from the paddock and it was clear who had radios and who didn't. Start /finish was green but 11 AND 12 still had yellows even though 12 really isn't much of a corner and you can see the starter before you see that flag. Half the spec 911's took off, the other half obeyed the yellow they could see and our class did the same. Was a bit of a cluster and looked dangerous.

At the time I thought they should wave it off and reset the field.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18175

Are you ever allowed to pass under yellow? End of discussion.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18176

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Luckily this was captured in the last 3mins before my camera was full.

You can see the Yellow in 10, but the Yellow is down by the time i get to 11. However there is no way people can see the marshall in 11 from that far with so many cars in the way.

It will appear once Vimeo has finished processing it.
Jason Jane
Norcal
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by BritRacer.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18177

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
And here is how not to tackle turn 10!

It will appear once Vimeo has finished processing it.
Jason Jane
Norcal
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by BritRacer.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18178

You are a lucky boy

Your line wasn't bad - a little early turn in but I do that a lot in 10. You NEED to remove that rear bar or do something different with the front bar. The rear shouldn't have given up that easy.

As for the false start, I had a very clear view of the yellow flag in front of me as the other 944 pulled out to pass me. I was thinking where the hell is he going and then they dropped the yellow but he was already too far ahead. Now that I see the video, I realize how far back we were when he went. No wonder he got such a run...
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds