(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Spec Racing in NorCal

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6814

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I'm serious but am way out in the far East Bay (Oakley).

Tow from here to Infineon is about 1 hr 20 mins and to Thunderhill 2hr 30mins

Wife says I can store a couple of cars/trailers in addition to my fleet.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6828

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
We would probably rent an apartment/condo for a little bit in order to "settle" in and get to know the area before buying real estate. I'd be looking for a place to store my 20' trailer (car inside).
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6831

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Joel,

Home prices vary depending on location but in general the Bay Area is relatively expensive compare to other parts of Northern California. This is true of any large metropolitan centers (i.e. job centers) in other States. The south Bay Area where Cupertino is located is part of Silicon Valley and is the home of many hi-tech firms. You are competing with their employees for housing and the reason why home prices are high. Apple Computer's headquarter is in Cupertino.
There are "bedroom" communities further out which are more affordable and for some people that makes sense. There is a cost associated with living further out such as commute time, gas, wear/tear on your vehicle, etc. and for some people that may or may not make sense.
I think initially renting is a good idea to get to know the area.
Northern California is a great place to live! You have mostly mild weather all year round and you can find a race track event with the various clubs almost any given day.
You have the beautiful Pacific Ocean to the west and skiing during the winter is just 3-4 hours away towards the northeast.
The NorCal race tracks: Thunderhill, Infineon and Laguna Seca are some of the best tracks in the country with natural elevation and scenery changes from turn to turn.
NASA NorCal races mainly at Infineon and Thunderhill. 944-Spec in NorCal continues to grow every year and we have at least 12 licensed 944-Spec racers for the beginning of 2010 and possibly more before the year end.
The 944-Spec community as a whole is very friendly and NorCal is no exception.
If the job situation works out for you in NorCal we will look forward to meeting and racing with you!
--Ken
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by pixrken.

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6834

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Joel,

BE CAREFUL, very careful. of Ken and the rest of the Nor Cal group. Several of them work for Pixar and they will turn you into zomby food. I know.

I believed their nice talk. They lured me up there to race and then (scary music) they made me a BELIEVER.

You will enjoy the entire group and I will look forward to racing with you in the future.

Big Dog.
Jim Foxx

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6835

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Anyone have younger children? We have an 8 year old boy who is pretty smart and actually quite good at soccer (so we'll be looking for a competitive team for him to play on). We want to move to an area with a good school system (hopefully public).
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Spec Racing in NorCal 14 years, 2 months ago #6836

Hey Joel, what it's going to take to keep you in the Midwest? Pole position for the year? Special dispensation to run Hoosiers? A better Job?

Seriously though, these are a nice group of guys to race with if we have to lose you:( .
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds