Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - SOLD!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - SOLD!

944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - SOLD! 8 years, 6 months ago #19731

Price drop to $4000.

Hey all,

I’ve spent the last two years building this car to be Spec legal in hopes of getting my comp license and joining the ranks. However with family and work travel obligations, I overestimated how much free time I actually have when I started building it. That’s not to say that building it and running it a few weekends here and there wasn’t still a blast. Many of the parts on this car are either brand new or have max 5 track days on them. It should really not need much for this car to see its first race. Here’s what’s been done to the car:

Motor
-Stock 2.5L 4cyl with no headwork done
-New rod bearings
-Only 5 track weekends on new clutch
-New head gasket kit
-New oil pan gasket
-New water pump
-A/C delete bracket
-Brand new alternator tensioner strut
-New timing and balance shaft belts
-Stock airbox

Suspension/Wheels/Steering
-Koni Sport (“Yellows”) suspension front and back (stock springs up front)
-Brand new Hawk Blue 9012 pads front and back that have yet to see a track day
-Stainless steel brake lines with DOT 4 fluid
-New control arms with new ball joints and delrin bushings
-De-powered rack with new tie rod ends
-Upgraded early front sway bar to 25.5mm from an ‘88
-Weltmeister strut tower bar
-2 track weekends on brand new front wheel bearings
-Recently rebuilt calipers

Inside
-Autopower 6 point bolt in roll cage (will need 2nd door bar welded on driver’s side to be race legal).
-Electrical cutoff switch mounted outside to NASA/SCCA CCR
-Wide-view Longacre rear view mirror
-New G-Force ribbon left side net
-Mounted fire extinguisher
-Sparco steering wheel on MOMO hub
-Most all non-essential wiring reduced and simplified

Outside
-No cracks in windshield or back hatch
-Quarter panel glass replaced with plexiglass (still have original glass)
-Sparco tow strap on front bumper and tow eye in the rear

Exhaust
-Tubular headers to a Supertrapp exhaust tip

Electrical
-Aluminum fabricated contoured dash
-Autometer Sport Comp gauges
4” Tach
2” Oil Pressure
2” Water temp
Plenty of room on dash to add more
-Digital voltage display
-In-line redundant power cutoff on dash
-8 gang marine rocker switch panel
-Pre-wired a location for a transponder

What the car needs:
-Seats
-Front tie down hooks on the frame need to be welded for trailering safety. Car can still be trailered by securing through the front wheels, but I prefer using the tie down hooks on the frame.
-Transmission went out in June at CMP and replaced with a backup we had in the shop. Car still runs fine but this trans grinds a bit going into 3rd. May need to be rebuilt or the syncro’s replaced. This trans is not an LSD and I don’t believe it has a short 5th.
-Fuel gauge/aftermarket sender

Car comes with:
-Lindsey Racing silicone vacuum line kit. Never got around to installing.
-4 spare fuel injectors
-Anything else I can find that goes to the car I’d no longer need.

This car has been carefully stripped down and cleaned to reduce weight and non-essential items removed. It has not been put on a dyno so I cannot be sure of the exact power/torque numbers, but it does not feel down on power. The motor on this car is strong and the car runs very well. I didn’t go crazy with the gadgets or customization; just a clean, simple build that can be customized further.

I have enjoyed running this car, but being strictly a track car I don’t get to use it as much as I set out to. Price drop! Asking $4000 OBO.

Attachments:
'85 944
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by robweber1.

Re: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - Photos Added! 8 years, 6 months ago #19873

Interested - don't see pic of trailer...call me 727-638-8767

Greg

Re: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - Photos Added! 8 years, 5 months ago #19904

Yeah sorry, forgot to add pics of the trailer.

Below are the pics. Trailer is a 2011 ( I think) TowPro which a company out of N. Atlanta. Trailer is 14', which may seem a little short but fits the 944 perfectly. Last summer I put 4 brand new Maxxis tires on, repacked all the bearings, and serviced the electric brakes. Trailer has a safety break-away box and tire rack pictured on the front. Trailer deck and ramps are low enough you never have to chock with blocks to avoid scraping the front valence. Will package with the 944 for sale or sell separately.

'85 944
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by robweber1.

Re: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - Photos Added! 8 years, 5 months ago #20080

Can you email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it - can't figure out how to PM

Re: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - $6000 OBO 8 years, 4 months ago #20174

Hi there. I am interested in your car. What part of Atlanta are you in? I would like to look at the car this weekend or this week. my email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Thank you.
Mark.

Re: 944 Spec Car for Sale in Atlanta - $6000 OBO 8 years, 4 months ago #20200

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
I'm not the one selling the car but I can tell you the car is currently located at a shop in Cumming, GA. If Rob can't meet you up there this weekend, I'll already be up there and am more than willing to stick around so you can swing by and check out his car.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds