Username Password: Remember me

FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - SOLD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - SOLD

FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - SOLD 7 years, 3 months ago #21466

SOLD...
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by ToKutter. Reason: SOLD

Re: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - $4000 OBO 7 years, 3 months ago #21467

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Any other specifics about the car you can provide will help. I will share this to the 944Spec facebook page but would like to put something in the way of what kind of shocks, sways, etc. Does it have an LSD and short 5th? Oil cooler?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToKutter

Re: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - $4000 OBO 7 years, 3 months ago #21468

• cefrahm
  • Drivers Ed
I am interested in the car. Can I call you?

Regards, Chuck Frahm

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - $4000 OBO 7 years, 3 months ago #21470

Great, thanks! Very appreciated. Will look up the info, but from the top off my head:
- No external oil cooler
- Has baffled oil pan

- Short 5th? How do I tell? I believe it's a stock tranny.

Re: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - $4000 OBO 7 years, 3 months ago #21471

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
If its the original trans to the car, then you can check the sticker in the trunk for the trans code that can be looked up which will tell you what 5th gear you have as well as if it has an LSD. If it's not the original trans (likely since its a racecar), or the sticker is missing/painted over, you can crawl up underneath the trans with a mirror and get the code off the top of the transaxle where it bolts to the torque tube. The 5th gear can be swapped, however, with the trans in the car so many times that gear doesn't match the code on the top of the trans.

There is another way which allows you to measure the number of times the wheel turns vs engine revolutions that involves jacking up the rear of the car, counting wheel revolutions vs the crank, then doing some math.

The last way is just feel through driving it and lap times. Do you have any tracks which require 5th gear in Colorado? If not, then it really wasn't ever a big deal so odds are its a tall 5th.

LSD check is simple. Jack up rear of car, put in neutral, and turn a rear wheel. If both rear wheels spin the same direction it has an LSD. If they spin in opposite directions, it has an open differential.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToKutter

Re: FS (CO): 83 944 Spec car, needs motor - $4000 OBO 7 years, 2 months ago #21477

Added info to OP. Has LSD, 23mm front anti-sway bar, 21.5mm rear, coilover sleeves.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds