Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Forum Discussions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Discussions

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16973

Jim and I talked about this for a while recently, and I agree. I am glad to see the show of interest and enthusiasm on here. We need a new crop of grassroots 944 Spec leaders and patriots, so to speak!

Things evolve over time, and much of the "Old Gaurd" has moved on. We face competition from Facebook, and private email groups, regional forums, etc. etc.

A little 944 Spec history, and then lets put together a plan to reinvigorate this place. This whole site was put together by Ken Huey, and continues to be paid for out of his pocket. When it started, Ken & Joe maintained the schedules, and points, Joe was also the "rules Guru", TIm Comeau was the mechanical expert, Chuck Taylor was the inspiration/fearless leader, and I was the new guy - writer, and moderator. The series directors were tasked with writing up race reports, and putting them up on here. Nobody got paid for this, but with a lot of people involved, lots gone done, and the class was the better for it.

We need some guys to set up with the things they are good at, and to put a lot of stories up online. I'll start a thread for people to volunteer, and have you guys work Ken on getting the website up to date, and slick.

Winter is a great time to post build threads, trash talking, updates on new guys, offseason GTG's, etc. For those who can still race - share the love with some stories, videos, etc.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds