Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18008

• KLR
That's excellent!

What happened to Pat Magruder? I didn't notice before you mentioned it that he wasn't signed up. I could swear he said he was going to be there when we raced with him at Gateway in March.
Neal Agran
Midwest Region 944 Spec Series Director

National championships: 2nd 2013, 3rd 2011

25 Hours of Thunderhill: 2nd E3 class 2011

Midwest Region Champion 2013 and 2014

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18009

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
KLR wrote:
That's excellent!

What happened to Pat Magruder? I didn't notice before you mentioned it that he wasn't signed up. I could swear he said he was going to be there when we raced with him at Gateway in March.

Magruder is a maybe at this point. I remember now talking to him about it. He said he was using last week end to get a feel for the track and see how it might go. Seemed like he made it around the track just fine and he had fun, so maybe he can be peer pressured into coming. It would make 20.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18010

quote="AgRacer" post=17995]So since the National Series Director holds the track record, and he's not racing this year, does that mean hes willing to share data/video from his record setting lap? I would love to see what a sub-45 lap looks like around RA in one of our cars.[/quote]

I don't have video from the lap record. I do have some video from our 2009 enduro race at Road America. It was all of our first times at the track, but after some embarassing moments, there are some good laps. For those of you who have not been to Road Atlanta, it certainly shows how it can bite you!

Don't pay attention to the shift points - we were running larger wheels and a chip (at the time running in E2 under GTS-1 rules). The chip turned out to be worse than worthless, BTW.

Road Atlanta 2009
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18011

AgRacer wrote:
Brian Evans wrote:
AgRacer wrote:

As of 6 August, 18 cars registered. I believe one is likely to back out (Yousko) and one isn't showing (Dearstyne) leaving us with 18. I wonder if we can find 2 more in the next 3 weeks to make it an even 20?

I thought Mike Taylor mentioned racing but I'm not sure he will be able to with his NASA duties. Other possiblities: Brian Cosgrove, Pat Magruder, Brian Hurley, Manley Hurley.

The Jeremy/Joel combo says they are out, as did Glen Edridge.

Cosgrove actually said he was going to be there when I asked him last week end so that would get us to 19. We should hook him up with Yousko to transfer the registration since I think Yousko paid early at the discounted rate.

Talked to Pete last night, looks like he is definitely out. Gave him Cosser's # to transfer his registration.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18032

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Still thinking about supersizing into GTS. Cant do PT since they are group E too. Pretty sure I would need to look hard at a different compound tire to make it worthwhile. We are right at the Pwr cap for GTS1 using DOT rated tires. Thinking I could borrow a set of Fuchs from someone and throw the stickiest DOT tire around on. Any thoughts?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 9 years, 8 months ago #18034

AgRacer wrote:
Still thinking about supersizing into GTS. Cant do PT since they are group E too. Pretty sure I would need to look hard at a different compound tire to make it worthwhile. We are right at the Pwr cap for GTS1 using DOT rated tires. Thinking I could borrow a set of Fuchs from someone and throw the stickiest DOT tire around on. Any thoughts?

Bet you would do pretty well in GTS-1, if nothing else you can beat on Crookston a little while he is still getting his Spec car built.

I have a set of 16x7 Fuchs you can borrow, also have a set of aftermarket wheels 16x8. They are wide enough for 245's, maybe more, if you want to run something that big. Probably have a spare set of cookies somewhere, too.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds