Username Password: Remember me

Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 11 months ago #17794

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
If it is the same, it had only 4 springs and they were bigger that the earlier clutch.
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 11 months ago #17796

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So does the clutch disc from an S/S2 work in our cars? It appears they are the same 225mm size and the disc appears to pop up in cross applications on parts sites. If so, that means that I can get a much cheaper clutch net disc by buying the S version which is half the price of the NA version.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 11 months ago #17797

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
Not sure about the "S", but the clutch disc with the "S2" part number came in a kit for an NA. After checking with the distributor sales rep, who told us the story stated here earlier, we put it in and it worked flawlessly!
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 11 months ago #17798

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
After looking on the Sachs online parts catalog, they are listing the same clutch kit part number for the 944, 924S, 944S, and 944S2.

Sachs Part # : KF298-02
O.D : 8 7/8
I.D : 1 1/32
TEETH : 23T

I'm calling Clutch Net today to find out what their differences are between the NA, S, and S2 clutch discs since the NA clutch disc is $160 more than the S/S2 clutch disc.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 11 months ago #17801

Interesting - let us know what you find!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Pressure Plates and Clutch Kits 9 years, 10 months ago #17806

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So after calling ClutchNet, they didn't know right off hand if they were all the same clutches, not surprisingly (he does make a lot of different clutches).

He also didn't follow my logic that if Sachs is listing the same Part # and sending the same Pressure Plate (PP) and Clutch Disc (CD) with all of its clutch kits for 944/924S/944S/944S2 that his kits and CD should be the same as well.

Just to be sure my suspicions were correct, I called Lindsey Racing to verify. The tech rep there confirmed that the PP and CD were the same for all of the models but the flywheel is what changes after you jump to the S/S2. He relayed that SPEC, who they primarily sell for aftermarket, has different part numbers from years ago and just haven't updated their system.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds