Username Password: Remember me

race qualifications logistics
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: race qualifications logistics

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19269

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I doubt So-Cal will get 10 cars there, I think that is tHe total number of cars in our region.

NASA probably did not have many options as far as dates go for Laguna. Im sure we are at the bottom of the list for unlimited sound weekends.

And as we all know it is possible to get your races in if you want it bad enough.

I agree it is not a great situation but it is doable.

If the Championships were only for the best of the best just imagine how much the entry fee would be if they only allowed the top 5 guys for each class.

I know lots of racers who have attended knowing they are at the back of the pack just to get the experience of being at a higher profile event. Most of those guys had a great time and want to do it again.

We are racing at Buttonwillow this weekend, come on down and join us!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion
The topic has been locked.

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19270

• ioport
  • Comp School
Charles,

All good points.

Have the best of times at Buttonwillow this weekend. I will be at the Thunderhill NorCal event. Another unfortunate timing situation.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19271

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
I just caught up on this very timely discussion as I'm in the midst of planning how to qualify for this year's race. My current plan is to come down to the Auto Club race next month to try to get it done as I've heard from various sources it can be done in one weekend.

That's where I'm going to ask for some help from the group here. How do I meet the requirements in one weekend at Auto Club? Do they run 4 races in a weekend or is there some other combination that makes this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19272

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Hi Alberto, you will sign up For TT and race. You will only have to turn a few laps in TT to get your entries. Each day will count for 2 entries one for TT and one for race.

Please confirm this with Ryan who is the So-Cal regional director.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19273

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Thanks Charles, that's reassuring. I just got looped in with Ryan so I'll share what he tells me with the group as well.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: race qualifications logistics 9 years ago #19276

• ioport
  • Comp School
cbuzzetti wrote:
Hi Alberto, you will sign up For TT and race. You will only have to turn a few laps in TT to get your entries. Each day will count for 2 entries one for TT and one for race.

This information is incorrect. You are only allowed to use one TT to substitute for a race. Your best option is to enter 944Spec and Supersize into GT or PT. Check with Ryan as to what works best.

Also remember that TT runs under HPDE rules so your liability is greater, for if you are deemed at fault in an accident, you will be required to pay for their damage where in racing we pay for our own damage only. That TT car you collide with might just be a Ferrari.

Another option is for you to come up to Sears Point for our June event and run with NorCal. We would love to have you and anyone else come enjoy a lovely weekend of racing.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds