Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Re-wire Project Write Up
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Re-wire Project Write Up

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9333

Thanks guys. Yes, having the windshield out would be great but I don't need one and mine is put in the "regular" way. It would break if I tried to mess with it. Very good point though. The windsheild would probably be about the last thing I'd put in if were building a car.

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9334

Sterling Doc wrote:
Very cool - thanks for the post!

One tip I've used with good success is to dab a bit of clear silicon caulk on the on the spade connections. This is less of an issue with good connectors like you have, but helps vibration-proof connections. This tip comes from an ex BAJA off-road racer - battle tested. It ended my problems with the regular spade connectors.

Interesting, I've never heard that. Are you talking about putting on the end where wire casing meets the "plastic" part of the connector?

I try to not to use anything but the shrink fit connectors and on really critical parts (like the fuel pump), I use an additional piece of shrink wrap to reinforce it even more.

Thanks for the tip!

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9354

I revised the wiring diagram to show the installed condition and clean it up:

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9358

944Racer72 wrote:
Sterling Doc wrote:
Very cool - thanks for the post!

One tip I've used with good success is to dab a bit of clear silicon caulk on the on the spade connections. This is less of an issue with good connectors like you have, but helps vibration-proof connections. This tip comes from an ex BAJA off-road racer - battle tested. It ended my problems with the regular spade connectors.

Interesting, I've never heard that. Are you talking about putting on the end where wire casing meets the "plastic" part of the connector?

I try to not to use anything but the shrink fit connectors and on really critical parts (like the fuel pump), I use an additional piece of shrink wrap to reinforce it even more.

Thanks for the tip!

I put it over the top of the connectors, once plugged together, especially in areas that heat srhink is hard to use/get at. The silicon dampens vibrations, and holds things together.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9461

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
[quote="944Racer72" post=9325]
Here's the factory dash all stripped, cut in half, and painted. I added some aluminum C-chanel to hold the instruments and switches.

Nice. Did you keep the factory defrost like I did????
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Re-wire Project Write Up 13 years, 3 months ago #9462

Nah, I'm a CA racer now and everyone knows it doesn't rain in CA

I've never really had a big problem with windows fogging. I've got a NACA duct on my passenger side window that I can point at the windshield when I want.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds