Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Official Rules Change Proposal Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18679

I believe most answers are known before the question is asked, I don't think anybody can honestly say that they didn't know the intent of 944spec when they decided to join the class.

For 99% of the questions, think of this, we have about 200 944 spec cars in the country (give or take) If what I am wanting to modify makes my car faster than the other 199 cars, then without asking just know it's not legal or within the intent of the class.

PLEASE NOTE:

This is a spoon fight, don't show up with a shovel and take point, money and pride from those defending themselves with a spoon. It's not very becoming!

K.I.S.S.
Norman #99

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18686

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Hi Norm!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 5 months ago #18689

Hi Charlie, congrats to you
Norman #99

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 4 months ago #18716

• tcomeau
The reason we don't give the scales a big fudge factor (more than 5 lbs) is that we all trust the scales. The dyno's are another story.

I went thru the rules carefully before Sonoma and I too saw more than a couple typos and incorrect references to other rules paragraphs. Those are the easy corrections.
If we're going to be pushing for less contact, the drivers have to see and know how far back another car is. I have always felt that those convex mirrors fail miserably to provide the quick, accurate visual info needed. The Wink brand 5-section mirrors give you life size 944 info from 1/4 window to 1/4 window. They are the best out there and cost less than $30. You can't say, "I didn't see him." There is also a safety factor here. I think this will improve the whole class in terms of contact and safety for less than $30. Make it the spec mirror.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 4 months ago #18724

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
ANY transaxle cooling method allowed including factory set-up (aka turbo cooler), other aftermarket mechanical pump driven off any location (CV, Transaxle coupler, etc..), any aftermarket electrical pump, and any cooler mounted in any location. Also ANY ducting desired to said cooler so long as no new body openings are made.

A ) Improves competition for all (not just "for me/my situation")because there is no performance advantage to ANY of these only longetivity (some set-ups might sap some HP and some might weigh more or less than others which are all decreases in performance not a gain).
B ) Decreases, or at least manages cost because it can be managed by using any and all available options that might be available to each racer (turbo parts being cheap and many might have these already sitting around from taking out a short 5th).
C ) Stays true to the intent of the class by adding longetivity and reducing cost for those that wish to do so.
D ) Is worth disrupting rules stability (which is important in Spec classes). Because the current rules are vague and need clarification.
Old Racer!

Re: Official Rules Change Proposal Thread 9 years, 4 months ago #18726

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Any shift linkage, short shifter, shift knob, hardware etc so long as it sits in the same physical location as stock.

A ) Improves competition for all (not just "for me/my situation")because there is no performance advantage to ANY of these (unless you grenade your tranny during a miss shift of course). If you shorten the throw you get a stiffer shifter which slows you back down. This is more to allow for nicer hiem jointed linkages and solid bushings to reduce the slop and chance of miss-shifts.
B ) Decreases, or at least manages cost because these linkages and shifters are not expensive and certainly less than the cost of a blown transaxle or engine from a missed shift.
C ) Stays true to the intent of the class by adding longetivity and reducing cost for those that wish to do so.
D ) Is worth disrupting rules stability (which is important in Spec classes). Yes because a lot of time is wasted trying to get the stock set-up to work properly and the risk of costly missed shifts.
Old Racer!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds