Christmas Present
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Christmas Present

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6550

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Sterling Doc wrote:
If your car is legal now, it will be for next season.

But you know that's not the point.

How is it we get so close to the first race each year without being certain of what the rule set is going to be. If there are no changes - tell us. If there ARE changes we have limited time to prep to include those new features.

Even if it was knowing what was changing we could probably deal with the exact wording later however things like windscreen - Lexan going to be ok or still stock glass ? If I had to replace a windscreen at this point I wouldn't know what to order. (Luckly I don't)

(Note we were assured we would know by Dec 15)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6551

Sterling Doc wrote:
If your car is legal now, it will be for next season.

quite true.

The point is this is not my day job. It never has been and until I see a paycheck never will be.

Sometime life gets in the way and slows things down. It takes time to go through everthing and make good decisions that will stand the test of time. You can apperciate that one quick judgement can cause a problem for years to come.

Also since we directors know the changes for 2010 it does not mean we feel comfortable sharing with everyone right now. National has over the years questioned some changes and or wording. Now some times we have taken issue with it and other time National has insight on things we don't and their questions make our rules better. So rather than state it all I want some feedback from them before THEY publish. (remember National publishes the rules)

As for not having the rules before the January Event. Well my guess is the will be published before this event, but not very soon before it.

So Eric's point of if the car was legal in 2009 it will be in 2010 is very valid. Nothing in these rules is going to take away anything. Plus you can also see where we are going with the rules by look at the proposals. Now clearly this also means the 2650lbs weight and 205's are not going to happen. We are staying at 2600lbs and with 225/50's. Beyond that don't worry. Remember still that the rules changes that will happen are not intended to change the performance of the cars anyway. So don't expect to get beat by any new rules for 2010. If you did WE made a mistake on these rules.

So again relax and remember we are doing this for fun.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6552

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Joe,
I'm sorry that you felt I was disparaging of your (and the other Directors) volunteer efforts. That was not my intent.

I recognize that you all put in much time for our benefit and that it is not recompensed. We all appreciate the efforts the Directors put in on out behalf.

I'd been hoping just for a list of what was changing (not needing the exact details) so I could finalize my pre-season build planning. If something I'd been planning on working on was in the list of changes then I'd put it off until publication. I was trying to avoid working on something twice, once under old rules and once under new - or as in my previous example replacing a windscreen with a new glass one and then finding I could have used a lexan one.

I know that we were just coming out of a rules freeze and more than normal changes were submitted.Would it be out of order to suggest that we move the rules discussion/decisions earlier so as to avoid these time crunches ? For example PCA Club Racing uses the following:

March 15 Notification in Club Racing News and on the PCA Club Racing website that proposed rules changes
may be submitted between April 1 and June 1.
April 1 Opening date for submission of proposed rules changes.
June 1 Final date for submission of rules revision suggestions to the Club Racing Committee.
June and July Technical/Rules Committee and Stewards review suggestions and formulate proposed revisions for the
coming year.
August 1 Proposed revisions published for comment either in the Club Racing Newsletter, on the PCA Club
Racing website, or by separate mailing to all licensed racers.
October 1 Final date for submission of comments to the Club Racing Technical Chairman.
October 15 Proposed revisions reconsidered in light of comments and submitted to the Club Racing Chairman
and his/her Advisory Committee for approval.
November 1 Final revisions published in Club Racing Newsletter, on the PCA Club Racing website, or by separate
mailing to all licensed racers to take effect January 1.

Maybe we could do something similar in the future so the winter down time can be planned ? Note that PCA also don't always meet the dates but they have some slip time built in.

Thanks for listening.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6643

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Hi Joe, was anything sent about valve jobs to National for consideration? I don't remember seeing anything about that.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6646

cbuzzetti wrote:
Hi Joe, was anything sent about valve jobs to National for consideration? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

Nope. No changs related to the actual valves or ports were considered.

I am still waiting on National to respond before I publish anything.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Christmas Present 14 years, 3 months ago #6647

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I was thinking about the actual valve grind angles and such. There was a discussion about this somewhere.
Just checking to see if there was a clarification.

Thanks,
Charlie
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3