(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Street legal? Smog?

Re: Street legal? Smog? 12 years, 4 months ago #12367

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Tell you what I'm going to do Charlie because I'm a nice guy. I'll loan you my racecar and all you have to give me is your 930! Sounds fair to me!

Seriously, a street legal race car is not a problem in this class. Rick L. is one of the country's fastest 944 racers and his car is still street legal. I believe Sid, another fast Norcal driver keeps his car registered. Aubie also has a street legal car that got impounded before the last race and he had to pay the registration and impound fees and then drive up from the bay area to make the race.

If it comes down to a storage issue I'm sure we will find room for your car somewhere.
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by rd7839.

Re: Street legal? Smog? 12 years, 4 months ago #12368

CB, to get your competition license in one weekend, I know that NASA at one time accepted the following school's program, they had schools at Willow Springs which isn't too far from you. If interested you can contact NASA to see if they are still doing it. Depending on your seat time, especially seat time with some wheel to wheel experience, you might want to work your way upto DE-4, if you have not done so already.
As for driving your car to the track, DO IT!

drivingconcepts.com/

Judy Ray, President
> Driving Concepts Intl.
> (949) 212-9339 Cell
> (714) 835- 3171 Crevier BMW

RACING/COMPETITION LICENSING SCHOOL - WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY
>
> If you are a seasoned driver and are thinking about going for a Racing
> License with their NASA or BMW CCA Club Racing, this is the course for you.
> Our two-day school will be full of challenges and learning experiences -
> cost of the weekend will be $495. The cars do not have to be race prepared
> but must be technically sound and safe. Questions, give me a call.
Norman #99

Re: Street legal? Smog? 12 years, 4 months ago #12369

@ Norman Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check with NASA (I plan to renew/rejoin with them anyway).

Anyone here do driving school or open track sessions with ncracing.org/ ?

It's been a few years so I def. will do a few HPDE's with my daily driver then do one of the schools after I can run in the "pass anywhere" groups for a while.

@RD thanks I'm really glad to here that its possible to keep it registered for getting to and from the track. Space is really a premium where i'm at currently but even if that changes its nice to know I can hold out as long as possible

Thanks,

Charlie
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds