(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thunderhill March 8-9

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #321

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Weather forecast looks great with temps. in the 70's.
Sid and I will try to leave the Bay Area by 2:00pm to beat the Friday commute traffic.
See you guys there.
--Ken

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #326

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Ken,
I'm not going to make it this weekend - I've beeen fighting a cough/cold all week and still have uncontrolable coughing fits. Makes it really unsafe to be on the track !

I'll be out the next time
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #327

• pixrken
Hi Jerry,

Get better soon and see you next month at Infineon April 12-13
--Ken

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #343

• pixrken
A great racing weekend with beautiful weather and a chance to run with the PRC.

Full race report
http://944spec.org/944SPEC/content/view/106/1/
--Ken
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by pixrken.

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #346

Nice write up Ken, felt like I was there!

Your car looks great, I like the big red stripe. Just before coming out here, I had my car fixed from that same weekend at Infineon as well, were the kid used my car as his turn in point for turn #11. See, I'm getting over it, two more mental therapy sessions and I will be totally healed!

That weekend will go down in my books as one of the best I have ever had for an all around fun weekend. Hope that at least half of the Miller gang will go the extra mile to get their cars to Infineon for your race two weeks later!!!! I was just talking to Bill Comat (Eastern Canada) on how we justify spending so much money on this crazy sport and this does sound pretty legit if your from the mid west or east and you can get your car to UT, CA ain't that much further, so you are actually saving money if you plan to do Infineon anyway! The experts say, "I need a couple of more mental sessions on my addictions as well"

I do hope to see you there after Miller,

Cheers
Norman #99
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by norman#99.

Re:Thunderhill March 8-9 16 years, 1 month ago #349

• pixrken
Hi Norman,

Thanks! I replaced Marvin the Martian with Underdog as my mascot. I thought it was more appropriate

It's funny you mention mental therapy because there was someone from one of the universities doing a study and passing out question forms to understand what makes up a racer. I didn't need the form and can sum it up in one word "INSANE"

We had a great time when you and Jim Foxx paid us a visit and learned a lot. Greg really kicked it up a couple notches from last season.

I plan on going to Miller and I believe Ron Dale and Rick Lofgren will be joining me. Jerry W. maybe if he can find a tow.

See you at Millers and hopefully back at one of our NorCal races.
--Ken
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds