Username Password: Remember me

Laguna Seca
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Laguna Seca

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15920

I've never been on the track but driven lots of Gran Turismo laps

I might try to throw an exhaust on and catch a track day before the big event. I'm not able to make Miller so this is my mini-nationals.

Not sure yet what group we'll be in. We usually run with PRC but this isn't a PRC event. 10 cars means the big Toyo bucks IIRC! Awesome!

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15921

I see Hooked on Driving has a July 3rd event w/ 90db limit for $350. Could probably arrange leaving the rig there but not sure about that.

Anyone interested? Maybe several people signing up could negotiate a better rate.

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15922

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
944Racer72 wrote:
I see Hooked on Driving has a July 3rd event w/ 90db limit for $350. Could probably arrange leaving the rig there but not sure about that.

Anyone interested? Maybe several people signing up could negotiate a better rate.

I'd be up for trying that.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15924

I wonder if they have half day rental or if you can share a car for $350? Here is a note from a friend going to the SCCA, VARA, PCA practice day, doesn't sound to inviting to me but it's $150

Norman,

I plan to enter the Friday June 21st practice day.

The schedule shows two sessions for Group 2 (2.5L-1,5L) Medium Bore production cars).

9:00 - 10:25 and 3:35 - 4:30

That race group also includes the Small Bore Group 1 cars (1,5L on down), so there will be a lot of slower traffic on the track. This is not ideal for aggressive 944-Spec race practice, especially with the VARA and SCCA vintage people in charge.
Norman #99

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15988

You probably just got the entry list like I did.
socal.drivenasa.com/MRLS_entryjune8.pdf

There are close to 34 bmw E30's and 24 spec miata's, since there is no schedule out yet, I am curious about who does 944spec usually race with? Do any of you know?

thanks
Norman #99

Re: Laguna Seca 10 years, 11 months ago #15989

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
In Norcal we now normally run with the PRC in our own rungroup, uncontaminated by the other breeds, except when PRC doesn't run. In that case we end up in Group A with PT and SPEC E30 and sometimes the Miatas. Spec E30 often goes to Group C with the GTS cars.

I'll be interested to see what they do as I don't see them doing a 60 car run group (34 + 24 + 12) (At least not for the race. They have been know to do so for practice !)

What does SoCal do ?
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds