NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6335

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Litespeeds wrote:
That's really bad news. Sorry to hear about the mishap. Guess that car is ready for the scrap yard. Take the cage, suspension, and whatever you can salvage for the next LeMon's car. I am sure we can find something cheap before the next one at Infineon.

Lets just keep looking for an engine -- no point starting over and the residual value carries over. (In other words we have $ to play with if we keep this car)

We were the first to pass tech with no issues and BS with 0 laps so I think its worth keeping. I'm working on what we can do for an engine.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6337

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1471370172.html

There is a motor from a 1984 selling for $350. We can also rebuild the motor that is in Ken's warehouse that he got from Mike's roller.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6339

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
Litespeeds wrote:
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1471370172.html

There is a motor from a 1984 selling for $350. We can also rebuild the motor that is in Ken's warehouse that he got from Mike's roller.

I've got a core we can rebuild too. I'll talk with Ken and see what he wants to do
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6344

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
that just sucks.

maybe you should have stuck with using a Pixar theme for the car, always seemed to bring good luck...next time you can call it(Blown)UP!
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6354

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
Just reading the GRM article on lemonsthat I picked up at registration and it has the following:

Three cars that shouldn't suck but always do:

All Porsche 944

Grippy, well balanced and guaranteed to blow huge chunks of fine German craftsmanship onto the track at 8 hours.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Welcome 2009 24 Hours of LeMons teams 14 years, 5 months ago #6362

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
I read that same article and took offense to it. Our 944 ran like a champ at Buttonwillow AND at T-Hill this weekend. We were in 20th position with 2 hours left in the race, and our last driver slow-poked it until the checkered flag ...dropping us to a final place of 31 out of 150-160 entries.
In fact...there was a 944 turbo and a 924S who both finished as well. The turbo was an unwelcome entry to a lot of folks, but it wasn't a threat. It had serious overheating and crashing issues all weekend.
It was a bummer not to have you guys hanging out and driving this weekend. It turned out to be a nice weekend, after dumping rain on Friday.
Sears Pointless will be here before we know it! Get a motor in that puppy!

J
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds