Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Aug 21-22 Thunderhill
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Aug 21-22 Thunderhill

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7879

What a bunch of wimps! Real men don't need cool shirts, I just wear it for looks

Cameron, I wouldn't sweat the whole baffle system too much. I've been using mine in ice water for years and it has never clogged.

I am about to switch to a different cooler. Anyone is welcome to my old cooler although it is basically a small, cheap cooler and leaks in hard corners.

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7880

944Racer72 wrote:
Cameron, I wouldn't sweat the whole baffle system too much. I've been using mine in ice water for years and it has never clogged.

I am about to switch to a different cooler. Anyone is welcome to my old cooler although it is basically a small, cheap cooler and leaks in hard corners.

I'm basing the idea on checking out the 986 system... they use separate reservoirs, and the goal is so that the circulated water is cooled more moderately. So, instead of starting at 33* and heating up to 60* (or something) over the course of a race, it starts and stays in the low-to-mid 40's.

I figure mine won't be insulated enough to really keep the temperature that stable, but the concept is nifty.

I might be interested in your cooler. You taking the hoses and pump out of it (I'm guessing)? Or are you making a whole new box?
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by Salanis42.

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7881

That idea sounds like a good approach if you are doing long distance races but I've found that mine lasts about 45 minutes and it is pretty small. The bigger ones last even longer. I'm not discouraging you, I'd like to see what you come up with.

I will be taking the pump and lines out of my cooler. You are welcome to have the cooler. It was actually designed for a pump and lines for medical use so it is nice in that regard but not so nice in that it leaks so much.

I'm going to a larger cooler with a top that hopefully won't leak.

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7890

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
unless you all just enjoy the fabrication, why wouldn't one of these work? Some already have baffles too. I see them on ebay all the time for $10 or less. I actually won an auction for one for $5, but seller punked out and didnt follow through with sale.
-

cgi.ebay.com/EBICE-COLD-THERAPY-UNIT-W-C...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0

or

cgi.ebay.com/Donjoy-Iceman-Cold-Therapy-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0

And as a bonus...you can plug the therapy pad back into it for those sore muscles after a long race weekend.

Oh, and I'll be going to IRL at Infineon that weekend.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by Gary_44.

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7891

That's the type I have and it sucks. The cooler leaks and there is no good way to seal it. It is also too small.

However, the pump and lines work well. That could be an economical way to get the pump and lines but I'd toss the cooler.

Re:Aug 21-22 Thunderhill 13 years, 9 months ago #7892

Looks like the same parking setup as last time - right next to the farthest bathroom trailer.

Last time Trackmasters had our spot set up as pre-grid so I'll try to grab that same spot by the trees and we can have a shady spot for lunch.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds