Username Password: Remember me

***SOLD***87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ***SOLD***87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal

Re: 87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal 10 years, 1 month ago #17532

• Gino230
  • Comp School
I agree 100% ....but you'd have to ask the buyer.

The PPI was all minor issues. Battery cables are the only part required. A lot of small items like "tidy up wiring", "oil temp setup goofy", "injection wires taped", etc.

Some are not even "items" at all, like "headlight mechanism removed" (has brackets in place to hold in up or down position) or "timing belt covers missing" are kind of standard for a race car.

I'll post it once I get home and get near a scanner, I'm on the road at the moment. I can email it if anyone's interested, or simply call Gulf and ask for Vinny, he felt most of the stuff could be cleaned up in an afternoon by a DIY.

Re: 87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal 10 years ago #17551

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Here is the Actual PPI:

You might notice that some of the items are not "items" at all, for a race car. Such as "hood release wrong" (It's just a cable with a handle), or "Headlight mechanism removed" (The car has brackets that allow the headlights to be positioned either up or down).

All and all I think it's a pretty good PPI for a 20 year old race car. The big pars are all solid- cage, seats and belts all current, new fire bottle, good compressions, etc.

Some of the items are what I would consider "personal preference" items of the builder / owner- such as the oil pressure setup, or the fuel lines (see photo). I prefer new wires and new fuel lines to factory used parts- but that's just me.

Vinny at Gulf Performance did bring up some good points- One of the items is "injector harness taped". It hasn't been spliced, but I guess the PO wrapped it with electrical tape. Also the routing of some of the wires he didn't care for. If the injectors lose power from a broken wire, the car will not run. I bought a new Injector Harness from Linsey Racing, but I haven't had time to install it yet. The loose / unsecured hoses and airflow sensor are mostly a result of the removal of the stock air box- I am currently running a pod filter. Most of that stuff is secured to the stock air box assembly, which I have, should the new owner care to install it and secure everything to it. Again a personal preference item.

Some items I will be correcting myself as time allows, some I already fixed, like the brake line routing and tightening up the steering column at the firewall.

Regarding the motor mounts, I got a second opinion from Ian at 944 online, he seems to feel the motor mounts are fine, they are the good quality ones and they are not broken or leaking.

Also included some photos of the oil they found, gotta be careful with those oil changes. How the bolt disappeared from the injector rail is a mystery, but there's one there now

Anyway, for a backyard mechanic to finish correcting these items would probably take a whole saturday, so in light of that and the fact that I need garage space, I've dropped the price to $9,500.

Secondary PPI's welcome of course.

Airflow meter and pod filter secured:

New Battery Cables:

"Goofy" oil pressure setup (that's what they called it in the PPI):

Custom fuse block and wiring:

cracked battery ground cable:

Oil and missing screw at top of engineā€¦.fuel injector rail:

Top of engine showing "old" ignition wires and fuel injection harness along with new fuel lines:
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Gino230. Reason: fixed photo link

Re: 87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal 10 years ago #17576

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Some updates, been working on the car.

Installed new:

Lindsey racing injector harness
New fuel line (Regulator to rail, old one was kinked)
New ignition wires
New crank sensor (old one: connectors were cracked)
General wiring cleanup
Interior and glass cleaning

On the agenda for next week- drop exhaust and have joints welded (Lindsey racing cat delete pipe is clamped in), new radiator mounts.

Some photos of the latest work:

crank sensors and wiring cleanup:

New injector harness, ignition wires, and fuel line:

interior looking sharp:

Re: 87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal 10 years ago #17629

Hi,
Is this car still available... ? Are you in Hollywood , FL ? I am going to be in MIA area next week and would like to see this car..

Richard
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
84 911 Carrera Track Car
PCA, SCCA, NASA, ComSport

Re: 87 944 Spec Racer Street Legal 10 years ago #17637

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Yes, as of today it's still available. Email sent.

Gino
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
(954) 612 0367
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds