Username Password: Remember me

Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal

Re: Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal 13 years, 4 months ago #9154

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
That right Joel. Nothing different now (except the Escalade went the way of all clunkers).

This is still a group effort. I've found it's a whole lot more fun when you can share the work and to drive AND keep the car running is - well - work.

Have you made it to Arthur Byrant's BarBQ yet?
'JB'

Re: Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal 13 years, 4 months ago #9194

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
I've had AB, Gates, Ok Joe's, KC Masterpiece, etc since I live in Kansas City now (moved from Herndon 5 years ago). If you are in my area get a hold of me to stop on by.

Do you happen to know what happened to my old Blue car I sold to DD? It had the faux hood vents on a dark blue early 944 (a German tribute to the screaming chicken). I was building it for 944 Cup when I sold it.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re: Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal 13 years, 4 months ago #9195

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
@ Eric: Hmm...trick question. It's good to see that $40k+ trucks still come with rear drum brakes these days.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by jaje.

Re: Used JE 40 over pistons - not spec legal 13 years, 4 months ago #9199

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
jaje wrote:
@ Eric: Hmm...trick question. It's good to see that $40k+ trucks still come with rear drum brakes these days.

Drum brakes get a bum rap. They have some characteristics that are better than discs. But GM famously just sized them TOO small for the big Burban up to 98 and then, inexplicably, Caddy used the old body style and it's brakes for the first Escalade. Go figure. If ever you wanted to know why GM tanked!!
'JB'
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds