Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Want to get started
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Want to get started

Re: Want to get started 6 years, 8 months ago #21798

brad.t wrote:
Well 2 years later I am ready to do this.

I have a 924S that was built for fun so it needs some work to move towards SP1.
Motor is a stock 87 N/A so low compression pistons (dang).
LSD trans, 968 M030 bars, 30mm torsion bars, 350lb springs over Konis, manual steering, manual windows, manual mirrors.
However it also has Stahl headers, Wilwood brakes, some bushings replaced with spherical bearings, aftermarket splitter, etc. So I have some un-modding to do.

It also needs a cage as it has a simple roll bar.

Forward half of the interior is still intact so there's some work to do there as well, thankfully most of the interior is gone already.

So be on the lookout for some WTB and some progress posts...

Welcome back, Brad

Let us know when you are ready to get started, it's about time for a Fall build party at the Chicken Shack 2.0!
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Want to get started 6 years, 8 months ago #21801

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Brian Evans wrote:
brad.t wrote:
Well 2 years later I am ready to do this.

I have a 924S that was built for fun so it needs some work to move towards SP1.
Motor is a stock 87 N/A so low compression pistons (dang).
LSD trans, 968 M030 bars, 30mm torsion bars, 350lb springs over Konis, manual steering, manual windows, manual mirrors.
However it also has Stahl headers, Wilwood brakes, some bushings replaced with spherical bearings, aftermarket splitter, etc. So I have some un-modding to do.

It also needs a cage as it has a simple roll bar.

Forward half of the interior is still intact so there's some work to do there as well, thankfully most of the interior is gone already.

So be on the lookout for some WTB and some progress posts...

Welcome back, Brad

Let us know when you are ready to get started, it's about time for a Fall build party at the Chicken Shack 2.0!

Buildtoberfest?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Want to get started 6 years, 8 months ago #21802

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
The cage and other interior stuff like safety equipment are really the biggest hurdles. We have a transition allowance for headers, so you can run another 25 pounds for your first 4 races and leave the exhaust as it is. You could prolly come out even selling the spherical bearings and replacing with Delrin/poly. Brakes are fairly easy, as the stock stuff is cheap and plentiful. Aside from the sphericals, sounds like the car is fairly well setup on the suspension. There are cars available in the for sale section that are not far away and ready to race out of the box.

944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/for-sale-944-cars/21697-944-spec

This one was built by Barber Raceworks, who builds very good cars. Just need to weigh the options of starting to do DE events with your current car and un-mod it as you go, working to get into comp school later, or buy a car ready to go and maybe get into comp school sooner.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds