Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fuel?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Fuel?

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3441

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I had estimated about what has been mentioned for consumption as well. I determined my sweet spot on the guage for where to start and finish for weight. My problem is that my gauge seems to be unpredictable. Anybody else have this problem and is there a solution other than replacing the sensor in the tank?

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3446

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
944cer wrote:
I had estimated about what has been mentioned for consumption as well. I determined my sweet spot on the guage for where to start and finish for weight. My problem is that my gauge seems to be unpredictable. Anybody else have this problem and is there a solution other than replacing the sensor in the tank?

I think that my fuel gauge also got less reliable over the course of last season. I’ve seen some posts on Rennlist about cleaning the contact points on the top of the fuel level sensor, and on the gauge itself, as a first step at fixing this problem before resorting to actually pulling the sensor from the tank.

I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list. I’ll see if I can dig up the post that talked about it.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by GaryM05.

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3449

I'm guessing that the 924S is an early tank. Is that correct ?

My gauge gets wonky when very low, as the needle starts jumping all over the place when I have 1 gallon or so left. That's a pretty good warning that I'm about to go underweight !

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3450

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
This maybe a stupid question but isn't the level sensor "in" the tank? And if so, how is it accessible? I haven't messed with the fuel tank yet.

Spent some time on Rennlist; didn't find anything specifically related to this but some suggestions to double check the ground connections. Seems to be a common problem when electrical issues come up.
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by 944cer.

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3451

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
944cer wrote:
This maybe a stupid question but isn't the level sensor "in" the tank? And if so, how is it accessible? I haven't messed with the fuel tank yet.

Spent some time on Rennlist; didn't find anything specifically related to this but some suggestions to double check the ground connections. Seems to be a common problem when electrical issues come up.

Yes, the sensor itself is in the tank, but it has accessible contacts outside the tank (basically, where the components that take the signal to the gauge attach to the top of the sensor unit, which itself is inside of the tank – essentially, the interface between the inside of the tank and the outside world.) It’s these contacts that I’ve seen can be cleaned with some effect.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Fuel? 15 years, 2 months ago #3455

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Gary,
Are those contacts accessible through the hole in the back hatch area over the tank?
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds