Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Thinking of taking the plunge...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Thinking of taking the plunge...

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6547

thanks for the heads up. When I go back to see it I will be sure to measure out everything you listed. I will be sure to get good pictures too. Would hate to pay 3grand to have to strip the cage out and weld in a new one...

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6554

here are some pics of the 944 I went to see... looks like the roll bar doesnt meet NASA CCR specs will have to make some calls to see what I can do to get that fixed.

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6555

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Was that car for sale near Bakersfield a few months ago? It looks just like one my son was interested in it, but because the cage wasn't legal, it was stock suspension, seat/harnesses were out dated, bumpers were missing, and a few other things, he passed. Figured it was basically just a stripped $1200 car after if he subtracted the cage/seat.
Maybe it's a diferent car though.
Does it have an alternator belt? They were running the car he looked at without one.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Last Edit: 14 years, 4 months ago by Gary_44.

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6556

The only SE30 was sold to a guy back east here in the rmr. so welcome to 944-spec !

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6557

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am still with out a car for the time being. After talking to a couple folks I have decided to pass on this car. I think it would be too much work to remove this cage and start fresh. Its welded in pretty good in 6pts... and since its not a legal rollbar anyhow... meh. That and the owner doesnt know any history. It has bilstein shocks and lowering springs so I dont know if its the same car you are speaking of from Bakersfield.

Well back to the boards/ebay/craigslist/etc and my hunt for a car continues.

Re:Thinking of taking the plunge... 14 years, 4 months ago #6558

Car number needs to be changed too.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds