(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bennington Motorsports building a Spec Car for '09

Re:Bennington Motorsports building a Spec Car for 15 years, 4 months ago #2760

Wow, Nick, you're making progress fast!

As far as springs, we use 8" long 2.5" diameter springs, usualy 350 lbs., though some use 300 or 400 lb springs. There are several good brands. I think I have Eibach units.

For drop links, I assume you mean to the antisway bar. Antisway bars and their hardware are open, so you are free to use what you have/want here.

For the seat, it depends a lot on your size. I like my Recaro SPG a lot, but am considering moving on to a halo seat. I am 5'9", 170 lbs, and it's a snug, but good, fit. You can try a couple of seats when you're here next weekend.

On the early cars, I would not trust the OEM seat mounts. The late cars use bigger bolts and are a bit beefier there.

On an early car, with the smaller (17.4 gal) tank, you can notch, but not remove the spare tire well.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Bennington Motorsports building a Spec Car for 15 years, 4 months ago #2761

• many944s
  • Junior Racer
Thanks for the excellent info (as always)

The last week was a little slow, I was only booked solid for 3 1/2 days out of the week, so I had some "free time" to work on the car. This week looks a little busier... a full engine rebuild, a clutch replacement, and a 968 tranny refresh. If I'm lucky I might get a few hours to work on the car this week

Hopefully I can at least rebuild the steering rack this week! Though, it's a tough call, as there should be a set of short 5th gears on my doorstep Wednesday and a new bit for my tube notching saw. Hmmm, rebuild steering, install short 5th gears and go trough tranny, or start bending and notching tube for the cage.... unfortunately at this point the list of "things to do" is still much longer than the list of things crossed off.

At least it's a labor of love!
-Nick
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds