Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

The Southeast's Newest Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Southeast's Newest Car

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12572

time seems about right at RA. I was doing 2:05 at RA with stock suspension and 6 yr old Michelin MXM tires. Your are probably lighter too, as my car is an 87.

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12573

michaelreich wrote:
time seems about right at RA. I was doing 2:05 at RA with stock suspension and 6 yr old Michelin MXM tires. Your are probably lighter too, as my car is an 87.

Michael,

I see you and your son are coming to CMP. Can I plan on you guys setting up in our group area? We are trying very hard to make a presence. Thanks.

The "Commander"
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12574

vpk944 wrote:
I don't have any pictures yet. I just made a big mistake by getting in a hurry while taking out the hvac stuff from under the dash. I had planned on draining the antifreeze out of the car before I started this, but the red mist took over and I disconnected the heater lines without draining the system. I was on a roll til that point. Should get the cage installed in a few weeks. Going to do the timing belt first. Then cage and finally suspension. My thought process is that if I can get all of the safety equipment installed then it is legal to race (stock suspension at Road Atlanta would put me about 7 seconds back - unless its raining). Hope to have it all done by then, but only have a limited amount of time to actually do the wrenching. Have you guys made any more progress since the build party?

We haven't been able to do anything since the build- Mike hasn't been able to make it back out and tax season has started for me.

Mike is planning to come back out in mid-February but I think he will be focusing on Jason's (s2k4j) new car. The goal is to have Jason's car ready for Road Atlanta in March.

Jason- where's the build thread?!
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12575

We will be there and would love to join the group. We have done nothing to the car over the Winter though.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12576

Can't wait to catch up at CMP. And maybe yell at ya for not moving forward with the car.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Michael Dearstyne

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12766

vpk944 wrote:
I don't have any pictures yet. I just made a big mistake by getting in a hurry while taking out the hvac stuff from under the dash. I had planned on draining the antifreeze out of the car before I started this, but the red mist took over and I disconnected the heater lines without draining the system. I was on a roll til that point. Should get the cage installed in a few weeks. Going to do the timing belt first. Then cage and finally suspension. My thought process is that if I can get all of the safety equipment installed then it is legal to race (stock suspension at Road Atlanta would put me about 7 seconds back - unless its raining). Hope to have it all done by then, but only have a limited amount of time to actually do the wrenching. Have you guys made any more progress since the build party?

Victor,
Brian and I are trying to contact you about the newest build party. Please call me. Look in Contacts
Michael Dearstyne
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds