Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Lessons learned from the Infineon crash
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lessons learned from the Infineon crash

Re:Lessons learned from the Infineon crash 15 years, 9 months ago #1908

• tcomeau
Also,
I wrote a thread or a reply to a thread a while back on the other forum about surviving a crash and making sure all your safety gear was easy to use. Make it easy for the corner workers to get you out!
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re:Lessons learned from the Infineon crash 15 years, 9 months ago #1910

Tim,
if the wall connects only to the cage fine. If it connects to the tub in anyway it is another attachement point. I suggest making the lower attachment attach to additional cage elements rather than the tub. This way you don't create sheer panel in the cage which can stiffen the tub. You just stiffen the cage.

You can achieve this method with two horizontal cross bars. one at harness height and the other down low just so it crossover hump in the cage. then build your plate structure between the two. This way it only attaches to the cage.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Lessons learned from the Infineon crash 15 years, 6 months ago #2436

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Tim, you talked about a "crash cage" that far exceeds NASA's requirements.

I also saw a post about building a bulkhead behind the seat to prevent it from being able to submarine below the harness bar in a rear end impact.

I would like to know more about your "crash cage" and how it is designed. Do you have any sketches or photos of what you have put into the crash cage? I am very interested in any imporvements you have come up with. I like your idea on the bulkhead as well, Tim.

Every advance in safety helps us all.

Jim "Big Dog" Foxx
Jim Foxx
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds