Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fastech camber plate for $300
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Fastech camber plate for $300

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 6 months ago #2562

This is all very interesting. Ernie's car at Nationals had custom camber plates that moved the shock mount up over an inch, and incorporated a strut bar brace. These were taller than the Racer's Edge units. Ernie said they were his own design, but he can make/sell them for somewhere around $700-800. That brings up the question of wether our cars benefit from being that low d/t the front suspension geometry, and relatively soft springs (through if I crank my Tarret bars tight, I can control roll pretty well). Going very low does start to screw up the roll center/geometry, but does this outweigh the other benefits of going low? If not, then these $$$ camber plates are an issue we need to think about....
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 6 months ago #2567

I run the flat camber plates. I have done so for years. My ride height is limited by the rear more than the front. Running the rear any lower would cause the chassis to bottom. The trailing arm would hit the frame.. Heck on steel rear trailing arm cars you need to pull the rear rubber bumpstops since they will bottom on most cars causing scary handling.

So... going lower is not really possible and keep the balance. However we can create a simple rule to prevent crazyness.

The top of the camber plate can be no greater than xx inch off the top of the strut tower. I would just need some numbers to put in as I can't measure mine. The standard racer's edge ones should be the standard for this since they are run by guys that do run raised plates.

So give me some numbers and I will put in something about that.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 6 months ago #2570

joepaluch wrote:
I run the flat camber plates. I have done so for years. My ride height is limited by the rear more than the front. Running the rear any lower would cause the chassis to bottom. The trailing arm would hit the frame.. Heck on steel rear trailing arm cars you need to pull the rear rubber bumpstops since they will bottom on most cars causing scary handling.

So... going lower is not really possible and keep the balance. However we can create a simple rule to prevent crazyness.

The top of the camber plate can be no greater than xx inch off the top of the strut tower. I would just need some numbers to put in as I can't measure mine. The standard racer's edge ones should be the standard for this since they are run by guys that do run raised plates.

So give me some numbers and I will put in something about that.

Sounds good- we just need some numbers from someone who runs the Racer's Edge ones. Chuck?
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 6 months ago #2572

my car is in storage but I'm pretty sure it's same as stock...
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds