Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Another Texas build project started
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Another Texas build project started

Re: Another Texas build project started 13 years ago #10568

I have mine mounted behind the fog light hole next to the radiator. I have steel bar under the 951 cooler to provide some support and protection. I have had it there for year and never an issue. I even went head first into 4 rows of tires last april. It moved things around a little, but no real damage. I just pulled it all back out.

I mounted the cooler to a 1/4 thick aluminum plate and under it is a steel oval tube bar connected to the radiator mount. It sits not lower than the radiator. The black thing is an old oil pan gasket. It makes a great rubber isolator.

In this photo you can actually see how it moved at bit when hit as it the bar under it is moved up and an angle. However it merely move and never punctured

Here you can see the sheet aluminum duct I made for cooler to direct the air to it.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years ago by joepaluch.

Re: Another Texas build project started 13 years ago #10579

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
joepaluch wrote:
I have mine mounted behind the fog light hole next to the radiator. I have steel bar under the 951 cooler to provide some support and protection. I have had it there for year and never an issue. I even went head first into 4 rows of tires last april. It moved things around a little, but no real damage. I just pulled it all back out.

Mine is relatively in the same spot, albeit a little wider and taller. It is set at an angle, with the outside portion set back (about a 45* angle). The bottom is about the same as the radiator. It will be getting air from the fog light bucket and the turn signal opening in the bumper.
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks
Last Edit: 13 years ago by cgktexas.

Re: Another Texas build project started 13 years ago #10611

So what is the ETA on this thing being out on the track??
NASA Texas Competition Director
Texas 944Spec Director
National CMC Director

Re: Another Texas build project started 13 years ago #10627

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
Al Fernandez wrote:
So what is the ETA on this thing being out on the track??

Hoping to have it done by my 50th B-day...sooner if possible.
Two major things to source yet...cage and suspension. Really need to sell the Harley to justify the cost...just had some unexpected expenses this past week or so with storm damage to the house. Look like we took a lightning strike at 2am a week ago during a tornado warning...cant find where it hit, but definitely found the damage.
Took out the A/C...blew out the low voltage transformer and control board in the attic, and blew through the wiring outside (through a wirenut and out the side of the cover panel).

Also took out a cable distribution amp in our closet (nice burn mark on the amp and the distro box)

, a cable box, the jacuzzi tub, an iphone charger, and popped 8 breakers in the house. Luckily, no fires and everyone was safe. Unfortunately, everything is under our deductible...so replacements came out of our pocket

The car will DEFINITELY be on track next season. Just hoping to make at least one race this year.
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: Another Texas build project started 13 years ago #10667

Wow, that really sucks! Good luck with all of that.
NASA Texas Competition Director
Texas 944Spec Director
National CMC Director

Re: Another Texas build project started 12 years, 8 months ago #11317

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Curt,

You gonna have this thing ready for Eagle's Canyon?
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds