(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: Gateway.... thanks RM edition...

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1065

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
AvantAddict wrote:
I agree, this was a great weekend. A little expensive on gas to haul out there and back, but a great weekend none the less, even though I missed the races both days.

Did you calculate your MPGs?
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1067

Bottoz wrote:
Did you calculate your MPGs?[/quote]

Yep, got about 14 going out there and about 12 coming back.
David Wright
#96 944 Spec
NASA Rocky Mountain HPDE 2 Group Leader

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1068

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
16.5 MPG round trip here, in 3rd gear most of the way (per GM's advice for towing). Would have been more, but I lost a lot when fighting that crazy wind leaving Colorado, and I idled the engine quite a bit for either heat in the mornings or powering my inverter. 110 gallons at $3.50/gal still hurts though.

I had a good time, even with missing the first 7 laps of Saturday's race because of an AFM problem, then wrecking twice on Sunday. I just wish I would have mounted my camera better for Sunday... I used a suction cup mount on the rear window, which vibrated a lot more than I had thought, so that might be more of a pain to clean up with software than I had expected. Saturday's stuff looks a lot better though... That's when I used my rollbar mount, which worked pretty well until the cheap adjuster broke (I'm picking up a better one from Best Buy for $14 tonight).
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 16 years ago by Weston.

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1069

• dmdirks
Had a blast last weekend! The Comp School guys were awesome- 100% pass rate.

Fortunately we were able to correct the lack of negative camber on the RR corner of my (Michelle's) car. That made a world of difference in that thing. The only other problem was a broken fuel line, however a trip to Autozone (thanks to the Bell's) fixed that prior to Sunday's race.

Thanks Midwest Region!!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1072

There was a lot of adversity, and great teamwork to over come it. Anybody have any video to post yet? Great racing, and no car-to-car contact (OK one tiny tire rub) Good racing!

Dave, I'm happy to report I was wrong, and my lap from Sat. did hold up - 1:14.4 according to Mylaps . So the RA-1 isn't dead yet! 'course you were handicapped by your wife's cars state of devlopment. Best I could do on brand new, full tread R-888's was a 1:14.8 The RA-1's were shaved to 2/32nds last year for Nationals, and had about 6 heat cycles on them, so they were about perfect.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 16 years ago by Sterling Doc.

Re:Gateway.... thanks RM edition... 16 years ago #1076

• dmdirks
Sterling Doc wrote:
Dave, I'm happy to report I was wrong, and my lap from Sat. did hold up - 1:14.4 according to Mylaps .

D'oh!!

Great driving, Eric. Looking forward to some more good racing at Miller!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds