Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Thoughts on Lifters?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Thoughts on Lifters?

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 6 months ago #11613

joepaluch wrote:
I don't thing solid lifers are good. I don't want to deal with them at all (rules or no rules)

There has to be other options....

I agree and they are also light and therefore present a performance advantage but I was pointing out the "other" option.

Perhaps one of the 944 companies would purchase a lot of lifters if they knew the supply was guaranteed to sell?

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 6 months ago #11614

944Racer72 wrote:
Perhaps one of the 944 companies would purchase a lot of lifters if they knew the supply was guaranteed to sell?

I will look at WorldPac and IMC and see what is still available and at what price. The biggest issue is that they will be INA lifters, which I have experienced about a 33% failure rate with. Many are bad right out of the packaging.

-bj

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 6 months ago #11636

We are going to have to deal with some part shortages as time goes on. I've had pretty good luck with used lifters, and there are a lot of them out there for now, but it's not a great solution in the long run. We'll open up rules change request season in a few weeks, and have to hash out some of these issues. Anyone have any contacts at a company who makes lifters?

We learned some things at Nationals, which laid to rest some issues, and brought up a few others, which we'll bring up for discussion during this process as well. Start thinking about what you want addressed guys, but give me a little time to tie up some loose ends from this season before we head into what the AI guys call "silly season" (rules change proposal time).
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 6 months ago #11691

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Did someone mention lifters?????

PIC_4252_2011-10-14.JPG

PIC_4244_2011-10-14.JPG

PIC_4277_2011-10-14.JPG

Once I get them all cleaned and tested I'll offer them up for sale, at a very reasonable price to those in the class.

I know it's not a solution to the problem, only a temporary fix. As with any car this age, getting parts will become more of an issue as time goes on. Just out of curiosity, how much would a set on INA lifters cost? I know on ebay, they go for as little as $50 a set and the sky is the limit on others.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tabbasco

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 11 years, 4 months ago #14819

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
How do you test them and are you selling them?
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 11 years, 4 months ago #14826

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
They are all sold.

You can see how I tested them here
www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/general/11785-lifters-4-sale
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."