• Endurance Racer
Don't forget your bat too!!
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: 2012 Rules Change Proposals Decisions 12 years, 2 months ago #12671

JerryW wrote:
Still nothing ? First race for NorCal in 4 days (and I know Az has already held their first event).

Eric - with the new rules not yet being published, what would be the procedure if a protest was filed ? Are we still under the old rule set or the new rules set ?

(Need to know what to protest Steve on <grin>)

But seriously - if we can't get the rules set in place for the winter build season, and not even available as the warmer areas start racing I think we have a problem.

Points taken. Yes, use the existing posted rules. We didn't get this done in a timely fashion this year, and should have. With few significant changes in the rules, I became a bit complacent on getting this pushed through, and I know the holidays got in the way for Joe.

This may all be related to why NASA is taking their time with this as well - no controversy or big changes, so it got placed on the back burner. Still, it's been several weeks there, so I'll send them an email to work on getting this done.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 2012 Rules Change Proposals Decisions 12 years, 2 months ago #12672

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Sterling Doc wrote:

Points taken. Yes, use the existing posted rules. We didn't get this done in a timely fashion this year, and should have. With few significant changes in the rules, I became a bit complacent on getting this pushed through, and I know the holidays got in the way for Joe.

This may all be related to why NASA is taking their time with this as well - no controversy or big changes, so it got placed on the back burner. Still, it's been several weeks there, so I'll send them an email to work on getting this done.

Understand how things happen.

I'd really like at some point for us to have the "New" rules available as we go into the build season - it would be nice to have in concrete what the rule set would be AS we build. (I know that isn't what has happened previously - just getting my wishes in early !)

Would it help if we moved discussions earlier in the year ?
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: 2012 Rules Change Proposals Decisions 12 years, 2 months ago #12674

JerryW wrote:
Would it help if we moved discussions earlier in the year ?

Well alot of topics come out of what occured or did not at Nationals. That and the fact that all of us here are "part time" has an impact.

If you are in the build process and need to know about a specific item let me know. I can guide you to ensure you will be ok.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: 2012 Rules Change Proposals Decisions 12 years, 2 months ago #12679

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Joe -

the issue is more that folks (that may or may not be on this forum) build to the rule set. If everytime someone wants to rebuild something they have to contact someone and get THEIR interpretation of what the new rules might say.

I'm really **not** critisizing those of us who work on the rules and commit their time - please don't think that. I know that everyone is a volunteer and has other demands on their time.

I'd just like to get to a more timely publishing of the rules - and I'll volunteer my time to provide any assistance you or Eric need.

Other series (which I know we are not) have formal deadlines for both discussion and publishing their rule set, and if a date is missed then the changes are deferred to the following year.

What I don't like is the possibility that we start racing each year with the possibility that the rules will change after the first race.

Again - I'd like to help improve the situation and I'm NOT saying that anyone did or didn't do something.

(Dammit - I hate not being able to express emotion in text !)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds