Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Interior dash question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Interior dash question

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13378

I am in the process of making a mold from a perfect dash. Do not know how it will turn out, but I should be able to make a couple spares if anyone is willing to wait a few weeks. I really just want to get my money out of the materials, if possible.

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13379

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I have this on my list of things to do to my car in the future when time allows.

Awesome to hear of another prospective Texas racer. If current progress holds steady, we could look at having close to 10 cars next season!
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13380

Bottoz wrote:
It's best to install it with the windshield out. 3 self tapping screws from the top is the way to go. But, when I installed it initially, I used one self tapping screw on the passenger side, and one rubber hose clamp connected to the roll cage on the drivers side. That held up nicely for a full season. I can provide pics if you'd like.

Just drill holes for your gauges, set it where the regular dash would go with the window out, drill 3 self tapping screws and you're done. A clean, lightweight, custom dash.

PS... I sent you a PM on the NASAForums site.

Sounds relatively easy minus the whole windshield removal.

I tried answering your pm on the NASA board but my newbie status keeps me from sending you something.

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13381

AgRacer wrote:
I have this on my list of things to do to my car in the future when time allows.

Awesome to hear of another prospective Texas racer. If current progress holds steady, we could look at having close to 10 cars next season!

Just have to find a car and go through all the DE courses...not sure how long that will take haha

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13391

FootofLead wrote:
What if the dash is removed completely? Is that still legal? I'm looking into buying a spec 944 and want a little clarification to this rule.

Thanks

As Eric stated. Keep it neat. The idea is not look in the car and see a rats nest of wiring. Put some effort into making it look finished and you will be fine.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Interior dash question 11 years, 10 months ago #13411

I am putting togeter a new Spec car and would be interested in a dash. Let me know how yours turns out and what the cost would be.

Jim
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by capt squid.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds