Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14516

Maybe next year we'll start with a list of things that have been looked at and are not on the table .

As is is for this year, everyone has a right to bring up what they want, but they at least have to put together a clear proposal, and state their case for it. Otherwise, it's just complaining, which is strictly not allowed .
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14517

• danl4444
  • Comp School
Charlie,

You meant to say 3 rule changes. HP, wheels, and headlight covers.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14520

• 1M Fan
  • Junior Racer
I thought it was
1. HP
2. Tires
3. Track width

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14522

Interesting opinion from GT (Gaurd) transmissions:

I can't tell you what the factory did, but I will tell you that 230 is just a bit hotter than we like to see for maximum lifespan out of a gearbox. We don't ever want to see temps over 220 and prefer them to be around +/-200 degrees.

I would suggest that it is not a performance enhancing modification as much as a cost and durability one. This would be especially true on cars that are running our LSD because our LSD alone can add 20+ degrees to the gearbox temps when it is added to the vehicle.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14523

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
I agree 100%

Sterling Doc wrote:
Interesting opinion from GT (Gaurd) transmissions:

I can't tell you what the factory did, but I will tell you that 230 is just a bit hotter than we like to see for maximum lifespan out of a gearbox. We don't ever want to see temps over 220 and prefer them to be around +/-200 degrees.

I would suggest that it is not a performance enhancing modification as much as a cost and durability one. This would be especially true on cars that are running our LSD because our LSD alone can add 20+ degrees to the gearbox temps when it is added to the vehicle.
Old Racer!

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 5 months ago #14524

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
I would like to revisit the option to add a fan to the oil cooler if desired.

This adds no cost, simplifies installation options and should add to longevity. Ebay fans are $20!
Old Racer!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds