Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14574

Big dog, aren't you racing today? Is your car making so much HP you have time to post to the forum while you drive

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14579

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Why, yes, Steve. I have a laptop mount in the car in case I need GPS to get back onto the track. We are just having a Sunday drive here at Sonoma with you, Ron and Jerry off having a miserable non-race weekend.

I did not know that about a DQ. I like the notion of a last place finish rather than a DQ for ALL of the rules infractions, Eric. If a guy comes in a pound under, I do not see destroying his season points for that (or any other rule infraction).

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14582

The DQ thing is a NASA standard across all classes for any rules compliance. I am not sure that the move to last place clause is going to fly at the National office for the dyno, but I am going to write the rule that way. Look for the dyno rule to be posted shortly.

It is too late to look at amending the rules for another issue with regard to weight. We'll see how this, goes, and there is always next year!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14603

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Sounds reasonable to wait until next year to try to address any other DQ stuff. I would hope that we do address it though.

Good job though, Eric, to try it now for the HP cap. I appreciate that attitude.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14611

Thanks Eric, this took a lot of effort. The class will be better for it.
Ashley Burt
2011 RM Champion
2012 RM Champion

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 5 months ago #14615

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
I should be more clear. The big difference between the two, is that a DQ for a rules infraction, cannot be dropped - i.e. you must take the 0 in points. A last place finish can be dropped. For regional points battles, that is a big difference.

I understand now and also would help with the Toyo Bucks too. Espicially if the region is tight on their car count.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by RacerX.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds