Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16698

On the air intake...
There are 4 areas in which to pull air.
1) Factory outlet to fender. With the fender liners removed, you now create a vacuum which pulls in sand ( off track ) and rubber ( getting pushed to outside of turns ).
2) Aftermarket cone. Higher costs since removing the air box and replacing with an aftermarket part.
3) Fog lamp - simple setup, but if tailgating, you are now pulling the front cars exhaust.
4) Left turn signal - best are to pull clean air without major modifications. It costs about $15 in parts and 30 minutes. If I can do it then know anyone can.

W have examples of the different methods we have tried in the Southeast and we have seen no perceived difference using the long back straight of RA.
#4 86 944
Fast Tater Motorsports

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16700

Tater,

So that it's clear, you are voting for the option to restrict ram air to the turn signal area?

There is no proposal in play regarding regulating aftermarket cones.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16701

Guys, I have opened up a dyno thread here: ://www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/rules-c...-other-classes#16699

I framed it in context of the other dyno rules out there for perspective.

I hope this helps!
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16702

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
12 A & B I have "ram air" now, ducted thru the fog light but will convert back so I don't care either way but lets make up our minds and then leave it alone.

13 The only performance gain is less weight. If one were to remove the glass and add the NACA ducts and hoses, I bet the weight difference would be negligible. I will say that the replacement lexan should be mounted with the stock rubber gasket so that it looks stock. This way no one could gain a perceived "aero" advantage and the cars would look good too.
YES to 13 only if mounted factory style with the factory rubber gasket.

14 There is no need to cut more off the car. Leave the tire well in place.
NO to 14
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16703

Ken, to clarify. You would rather have the existing rule with late cars only cutting out the rear well, than have all cars allowed? The cat left the bag many years ago with the late cars.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rule Change Proposal Discussions - Vote here 10 years, 6 months ago #16705

My votes
1 - No. I think it would hurt longevity of the motor.

2 - Yes.

3 - Yes if limited to the floor pan or rear set area.

4 - No. If anything, I would rather have wider tires just because they would look better with the wide 944 stance. This is why I do not race an E30 as it does not look like a race car. I even had a guy comment on the car while sitting on my trailer. He said that was the best looking Vega he had ever seen.

5A - Yes. With HP limit this seems redundant.

5B - No. Opens up a big can of worms.

6 - Yes. Anything that helps grow the series is good.

7 - No.

8 - No.

9A+B - No. Adds expense and begins money race. I can acquire 20+ 944s within a 150 miles. The market is not dry here in the South.

10 - No.

11 - Yes. We had a car in the SE, that oil back flowed and the can prevented a bigger mess.

12A - Yes. Either allow use of Fog lamp or left turn signal.
12B - No. Too much crap to remove from air filter after every run.

13 - Yes. No performance gain. I can post pictures of what I am talking about. The lexan would fit the original window frames so not to offer any aerodynamic benefits and looks like the OEM.

14 - Yes, but either way is fine with me. We can get creative and make a removable plate so the transaxle can move back easily then just put the plate back which would leave the wheel well as stock.
#4 86 944
Fast Tater Motorsports
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by FastTater. Reason: clear information
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds