Username Password: Remember me

Rule Change Requests for 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rule Change Requests for 2016

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20184

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
JUSTMERACING wrote:
I will bet money you are racing on 30 year old control arms, wheel studs and steering rack. If you want pretty wheels buy a mountain bike.

How much money we talking? Because your wrong. Did you even read my post I don't give a shit if the wheels look just like stockers or if there pink with glitter. You missed my point if you think that's what it's about.

"Edit because I came too far off topic even though bicycles were brought up" haha
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by wera44.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20185

Yeah. Great.
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20186

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
All the parts you mentioned can still be found new. I'm just giving you my perspective.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20187

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I wonder what it says that my road bike is old school and made of metal(titanium) and that my wheelset is geared towards crappy roads instead of light weight? My everyday bike has 15ish year old Ksyrium Elite's and I don't think twice about bombing downhill at 40+ mph. My old school Pinarello has 30+ year old Mavic Open Pro's and again no worries! Heck, I don't even have a newfangled compact crankset and still have fun and climb everything. I think that's why I always vote to stay old school.

BTW, if you drive a late offset car you should be more worried about balljoint failures and not wheels. They absolutely have and will fail with bad results, I've seen it before many times.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20188

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
I'm not worried about ball joints because they can be bought new and have been replaced.

Your bike wheel can be trued and even re laced not to mention it doesn't take anywhere near the punishment that a wheel off a race car does. If you like old school then absolutely stick with the 30 year old wheels. Nobody is trying to get you to spend more money. If the wheels weight is the same then what would it matter? I've said it and others have too and nobody has given a valid answer other than that they don't like change.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20189

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
We have given reasons, cost and unnecessary. It's also rules creep, not to mention a spec class is about NOT having choice, it's about everybody having the same equipment.

It also sounds like you haven't yet experienced a broken ball joint. You say you worry about a wheel breaking, which has not happened yet, but not about a ball joint which would have the same effect and happens regularly. Plus, those "new" ball joints are pressed into the old aluminum arm, usually with a cheezy plastic cup. I personally would never run a late car, or at least change to early offset.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds