Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8288

• sagoston
  • Junior Racer
Keeping track does sound like a pain, either the regional director has to track it or use an honors system. Then the techs need an accurate list for every quali/race.

As far as carrying weight, would there be a max reward ballast. Using fuel to carry extra weight, I can take an extra 100+ lbs if needed. It's certainly easy to add reward weight using fuel.

Even if it is a pain, it seems like the least intrusive method of equalizing the field presented so far.

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8290

• sagoston
  • Junior Racer
SvoChuck wrote:

good thoughts ... now think of this, if the series directors did have information that we had a problem or a problem was brewing how might I introduce the process of heading off a problem. how about a thread talking about limiting HP or adding weight ?

Talk about the problem instead of looking for ways to mask the symptoms of the problem.

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8291

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
^^^+1 success/reward ballast is really meant to provide parody in mixed class racing and to make for closer racing, I don't think it has a place in resolving out of spec issues in a spec series... I guess this goes back to the question of what is the problem?...

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8292

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Where does the adding parity end? It is a slippery slope.

I've no problem with those who spend more money making sure their engine is fresh and tight versus those like me who want it reliable and consistent and affordable. I'm not fighting for wins at this time.

As for my original point of the 88 pistons. Yes a lot of people have gone down that path and added the 88 pistons. I for one don't think they should have been allowed in the first place as they are rare and expensive. Though you can mill down the deck and add an offset woodruff key, etc. - the having to haves is the killer here for the aspect of affordability. And since they've been allowed for so long too many people have already gotten them. I think putting LSD in this category is unnecessary as it is also a safer option for our cars allowing us more stable braking and more traction. It does not add more power.

Rules should be made to make the cars reliable and consistent, easier to maintain and affordable - without adding too much cost.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8293

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Well said jaje about why rules should be made to keep things simple and easy. For me, that is a GREAT way to say what most all of us believe. Oh yes, no new rules!

If, as I read above, rewards weight was abandoned in cup, because of all of the record keeping, why are we even talking about it? It sounds like 944racer72 has experience with it. I don't want/need more brain damage on a race weekend, do you?

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re:HP limit / power to weight / pro built /low cost 13 years, 7 months ago #8294

Big Dog wrote:

If, as I read above, rewards weight was abandoned in cup, because of all of the record keeping, why are we even talking about it? It sounds like 944racer72 has experience with it. I don't want/need more brain damage on a race weekend, do you?

Jim

Someone else brought it up and I was just responding. My response was that it never made a difference in Cup - the fast guys still won. JB added that it had been abandoned in Cup (after I left).
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds