Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8358

Joe's right.

We dyno'd 5 cars at the last event. Interestingly, this was the same mobile dyno used at Nationals.

HP ranged from 129-138. TQ from 133-137.

The two lowest cars had high compression motors that were built last year, but had very choppy dynos, suggesting suboptimal fuelling or ignition.

The 138HP/137 TQ motor was a low compression, shaved head motor, with a very nice, smooth dyno curve, indicating a good state of tune. It did have fresher plugs, good plug wires, etc. This motor was a budget pro build (around $3K), and had never seen the dyno before, or had any special massaging/tricks applied.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8360

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
What !!!!!

Now I need a low compression motor with shaved head?

Next thing ya know an open diff will be the right choice

Not so sure I would put much faith in the mobile dyno from the Nationals.

I had a 6hp variation over the 3 times I was on the dyno.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8395

Let me throw this out there:

Any car may have a data system (i.e Traqmate or similar) system put in, and the data made public at the conclusion of a given race weekend.

As we're into being transparent, this would be interesting. We do this locally, and everyone learns, and it take the mystery out of why the fast guys are fast. Crazy? Maybe, but it would make a statement about our class...
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8399

Sterling Doc wrote:
Let me throw this out there:

Any car may have a data system (i.e Traqmate or similar) system put in, and the data made public at the conclusion of a given race weekend.

As we're into being transparent, this would be interesting. We do this locally, and everyone learns, and it take the mystery out of why the fast guys are fast. Crazy? Maybe, but it would make a statement about our class...

I like that idea Eric.
It does two things.
1) lays bare the speed and performance of car and driver we all learn more about HOW each driver is making lap times. It can also be used a learning tool for newer drivers without taking away from the faster ones. Sure data may show you car XX is taking that turn flat, but the driver still needs to do it. And that is where the skill comes in.

2) It gives the class leadership a database of performance for the cars such that we can use to start to determine who might be an outlier and if future rules changes are needed.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8411

• ps
  • Drivers Ed
Has there been any discussion on this topic lately?

www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/rules-chan...=6&start=24#6350

joepaluch wrote:
Chris wrote:
Wheres the, 924S' are allowed to put fender flares on the rear to allow for the same track width, rule?

Well too late...

It was something I considered putting the proposals for 2010 last year, but it slipped my mind this time around since nobody brought it up in the last 4-5 months at least.

At this point I think it is too late to try for 2010. The reason is that it requires some nuances and debate. I wan to get these cleared up ASAP. I have a race this weekend and want to bring these concepts to the guys who may not read these threads alot.

Once I get their take I will be finalizing these with the other directors and at this point I hope to share which ones have "passed" and which ones have not even if the wording may be 100% final. Then putitng actual works in the rules document. From there one more look by the regional directors and on to National for final approval. It will take some time to do all this so that is why the dicussion period is ending Nov 30th.

Re: 2011 - Rules change proposals - List ideas here 13 years, 6 months ago #8413

no but this is the place . what are you thinking ?
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds