Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Out for a While
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Out for a While

Out for a While 13 years ago #10549

Hey guys. Looks like I'm going to be out of things for a while. I'd been planning to come out this April, but the school decided to save themselves some money by ending my science program earlier than I expected. So, I'm not going to have the money to go racing in the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, I'm devoting my energy towards becoming a professional brewer. I'm making application to pretty much every brewery I know of in the continental U.S., and applying to several Master Brewer educational programs. So, there's a good possibility I'll be moving away.

That said, I've got good feelings about my chances with Lost Coast Brewing (makers of Downtown Brown and Great White) and Stone Brewing (Arrogant Bastard). Both are in California, although I might have longer to travel for races.

Re: Out for a While 13 years ago #10557

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Cameron,

Sorry to hear about your job.
Best wishes on your new endeavor. The batch you brewed for the Awards Luncheon was really good stuff.
--Ken

Re: Out for a While 13 years ago #10558

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
You can still visit - sorry to hear about the news. We'll keep a slot for you
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Out for a While 13 years ago #10559

Thanks folks. I will definitely come visit at races.

Right now, I'm pulling stuff together to submit some beers for judging at the Cal State Fair. Unfortunately, I don't have enough 12oz. bottles of that 944-Spec Altbier. I do have a Belgian Blonde Ale and a really nice Amber Ale that I'm planning to submit though. And I've got two batches going now that, unfortunately aren't going to be ready in time to get judged. I will bring them out to races weekends for folks to take some bottles home!

And if anyone happens to have connections in the brewing or beer distribution industries, please let me know.

Re: Out for a While 13 years ago #10564

Sorry to hear you won't be making it out. Good luck in your new pursuits.

I do have one connection to the beer industry - I drink a lot of it

Re: Out for a While 13 years ago #10570

Good Luck! Racing is for fun, but the real world always needs to come first. We will still be here racing when ever you are ready to get back in.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds