Username Password: Remember me

Transmission options
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transmission options

Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11352

I'm looking to have a trans overhauled since my good LSD trans has stopped engaging some gears. Is there anyone in the local area that is a trusted source for trans work?

Re: Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11354

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
We don't yet have a trans guru in the area yet - I was hoping to get Tim set up to do them before he went to LA as he'd had success with the GS team trans but too late - he headed south.

Apart from that the best I've heard of is Kevin Gross - but that means shipping the trans.

Art has indicated he can do transmissions but I'm not aware of any he has done.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11355

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
R Squared Racing in Canyon Country in SO. Cal can redo transmissions ask for Robert Holder one of the owners

Re: Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11356

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jerry Woods is a very well known Porsche guy with tons of experience. He does transmissions, including 944's. He is up in your area. I do not know the City but he can be found with an internet search for Jerry Woods Enterprises.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11357

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Gary and Rich from PRC (the big Mercer Trailer) are part of the Jerry Woods organization - I'm sure they can do your transmission if they will take the work on.

Good point Jim - I'd forgotten that they worked on 944 stuff.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Transmission options 12 years, 8 months ago #11360

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
There is a little shop almost walking distance from you that most people don't know about. RMG enterprises specializes in aircooled porsches and they used to be a referral only shop but stop by and see Bob if they are still there. They did the transaxle in my 911SC when I lived in Cupertino and did a great job, the problem was they went through the whole car and fixed everything else and although the price for the trans rebuild was on target I wasn't expecting that big of a bill for everything else! You will not hear a bad thing about him from anybody.

In Sunnyvale on the corner of El camino and S Mary ave there is an El Pollo Loco r and an alley behind the other shops(used to be a strip club there but I know nothing about the place despite what they might say inside!), drive back there and keep a sharp eye out because it is hidden well. Bugformance was next door but I think they are closed. Don't call him, he never answers the phone, but will talk to you if you just stop by.
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by rd7839.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds