CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11782

• Big Dog
  • Banned
If you all would like to make things easier, you can just send the trophies and cash to me now. That would save you all the cost and time to actually "run the race" since the outcome is ordained (by the Big Dog)

Ken, I got my decals/numbers yesterday (Friday)after all. So all I will need is help putting them on. Thanks for the instruction list. I do have a small squeegee (supplied by my decal guy).

The wiring has not been completed. I can not find three of my super secret, light weight JPL designed switches that actually produce power from thin air, feeding it back through the electrical system to the alternator, which then produces power that goes through the belt to speed up the engine. Sort of a push to pass deal. That means I only have 5 of the eight I was counting on. That reduces my HP boost by about 30 HP from the 80 I was counting on (ten per switch).

There are a bunch of other little issues to complete before loading up for the trip but the Big Dog will be there.

Another issue. Where/how can I get the new car teched and a log book done up? I plan to leave Palm Springs Monday, at some point, and arrive up there on Tuesday so Tuesday would be the day unless it can be done Friday at the track.

As for Greg wanting to go somewhere for dinner Friday - NO WAY!!!!!! Dinner will be at the Mother Ship on Friday evening. Who will be there and who will bring what? While it is kind of like bringing ice to Eskimos, Katie and I have some wine from Paseo Robles that I will have. Katie will have some other ideas for food but I don't know what they are, just yet.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11783

You can get a tech at the track but that could be a bad idea because if you run into a problem, you may not have time to fix it.

Here's the link to the tech stations in NorCal:

www.nasanorcal.com/norcaltechshops/RaceTechShops.htm

We use TC Designs but they are pretty far down here. I/O Port is usually at the track.

As for food, name it and we'll bring it. I'll be solo Friday and the family will be up there Saturday on.

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11784

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
944Racer72 wrote:
You can get a tech at the track but that could be a bad idea because if you run into a problem, you may not have time to fix it.

Here's the link to the tech stations in NorCal:

www.nasanorcal.com/norcaltechshops/RaceTechShops.htm

We use TC Designs but they are pretty far down here. I/O Port is usually at the track.

As for food, name it and we'll bring it. I'll be solo Friday and the family will be up there Saturday on.

Ken at I/O Port will travel to do tech (for a fee). He is also one of the stricter scruits NASA so if you pass his tech you'll pass any where. Tony of TCDesign is a good choice but a bit far from the track and I don't know if he will come up there Another alternative is Jay Jarvis from PRC - there is a good chance he'll be at the track Fri or his shop is in Petaluma close to the track.

info@jarvisautosports
707-775-7682
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11787

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Thanks for the tech info, gentlemen. I will call around.

I am thinking that I could get the tech on the way up there on Tuesday. San Jose seems too far out of the way. I will be coming up I 5 and working my way through the east side of the bay. Since I don't know the locations of cities, in that area, what possibilities are there that are somewhat on the way to the track?

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11788

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Big Dog wrote:
Thanks for the tech info, gentlemen. I will call around.

I am thinking that I could get the tech on the way up there on Tuesday. San Jose seems too far out of the way. I will be coming up I 5 and working my way through the east side of the bay. Since I don't know the locations of cities, in that area, what possibilities are there that are somewhat on the way to the track?

Big Dog

That's why I mentioned the the local ones to the track - may be able to have them come to you.

Otherwise let us know the route and we can suggest something. Petaluma is 20 mins from the track and probably your closest tech station (Jay used to be AT the track )
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: CASH race - 944-SPEC at the Point 12 years, 9 months ago #11794

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
If you are heading up I-5 to I-80 there is Evil Genius racing in West Sacramento. John does NASA tech's and my car will be there tuesday. It's an easy drive to Infineon from there(about an hour), plenty of room for the mother ship and they do great work also. Kim's Volvo finally died and John has that torn apart for us as well and I'm trying to talk Kim into letting him put a LS6 'vette motor in it but so far no luck.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds