Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11954

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Bass Ale I can do - See what they would want. I probably dont need all the ancillary guff, although a spare radiator wouldn't go amiss.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11956

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Steve, I have stock struts and cut down ones, as well, so those do not help. On the later cars, with Sachs struts, the struts get cut down and a Koni shock is inserted into the barrel. A hole is drilled through the bottom of the strut to insert a bolt that threads into the bottom if the Koni insert. The insert comes with a cupped, thick washer that conforms to the rounded base of the strut. That washer is what I am looking to get for the weekend. I am out of them, the bolt keeps coming loose and the washer goes missing, as both of these did.

I plan to get more from Koni, I need new shock bump stops as well, but getting them in time is questionable. When I get some, I am going to get spares but I need to find a way to keep the bolt from falling out. The last ones were put in with lock tight but I may not have cleaned the threads in the shock. Something happened because they both fell out from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon.

I could use a late valence if one is available. Easy does not have one. If it is available, give me a call at 208.818.8620 as I would also like some of the mounting hardware as well. There are two curved metal plates that go between the fender and the valence as well as some brackets that attach to things.

I would like to get a pair of 8" 450 lb springs for the front if anyone has a pair for sale or knows where to get them in the Infineon area.

I have lots of different 8" and 10" pairs of springs from 300 lbs to 375 lbs in anyone is interested. I guess I should post them on the site for guys building cars.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11957

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jerry, old radiators can be problems because of the junk that gets built up in them. You might want to consider getting a new one or a new turbo one and keeping your current one as a "spare". That is what I do. The turbo radiator is about 1" taller so it does require lowering the bottom cross piece with some extensions but it is not a difficult job. You can see how I did it on the 12 car if you are there for Saturday.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11959

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I know Jim - I was planning to have it boiled out and just stash it as an emergency spare.

Obviously a new one would be preferable
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11961

I'll see if I can find the time to go by there tomorrow. Jerry, I do carry a spare radiator (so as long as I'm around you have a spare). I did exactly what Jim is talking about and kept my old radiator as spare.

I'll see what they've got there and let you guys know if anything good. Usually the cars are pretty rough by the time pick n pull gets them.

As for the Koni washers, I can't help but we might be able to make something work. I can bring extra hardware etc if you think you know what we might need. I've got tons of bolts, nuts, washers etc from lots of parts cars over the years.

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11962

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jerry, I carry a spare, old radiator as well. Check the cost of an old, used one, add the cost of having it boiled out and compare that with a new one. I understand that they can be had for a reasonable amount.

Steve, I have the bolts I need, although I will have to either replace the ones in the car with spares or tap the holes out because the existing threads are stripped out. That is why I could not rebolt them Sunday. I hope I can tap them out and get them to work. Having to dump them because of stripped threads would be a bummer.

Jim
Jim Foxx
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds