Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11967

Jim,

Like someone else said, a Helicoil might work. We also use Keenserts all the time at work for high strength thread repair applications.

If this is constantly a problem, even with Loc-tite, would a little tack weld hold it?

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11971

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Steve, that could be the final solution. I will pull the inserts out when I get back up there next Tuesday to see how bad the threads are. I "think" I have a spare pair in the trailer, at least my inventory says I do.

Jerry, B1B (from Texas) got an after market new stock size radiator for about $180 according to the "Radiator" thread on the NASA part of our site. You might want to compare that cost with the cost of a used one that needs to be boiled out.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11981

I did swing by Pick N Pull today. Not much there. Someone already cut the section Jerry needs out of the only straight car.

Big Dog, which "valance" are you needing? I scored a front chin spoiler in half decent shape but the piece I call the valance (between the headlights) was bent from someone prying the hood open. It could still be used but was pretty rough. I could swing back by and grab it if yours is REALLY bad but you probably don't want this one.

The chin spoiler was the only piece I got. All the fenders and other body pieces were junk. I'd prefer to hold onto it for my spares but I'll donate it for what I paid if someone is in immediate desperate need.

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11987

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Steve, what you are calling the "chin spoiler" is what I am calling the valence. The one on the 16 car was destroyed by my contact with the tire wall Sunday so I will need to get one somewhere. I do not have a spare one, that was my last spare one.

I can race next weekend without doing anything. The drivers end is missing but it is taped up so the rest of it is secure, I will just need to find one so I can do proper repairs when I get the car home. I am not sure how badly the 12 car got hurt in Charlie's incident so I am not worrying about it, just now. Heck, in the condition it was in, it set fast lap in the race.

Jim Foxx
Jim Foxx

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11990

I'll bring the one I have. I paid $65 for it and damned near cut off the tip of my finger but that's another story. It only had one of the metal reinforcements that goes at the top where it bolts to the fender. It is black.

I looked at the schedule for the weekend. Looks like we're in Group B with a whole bunch of other people. Should be exciting

We don't even warm up till 10 on Saturday so I might come up Sat morning or skip warmup and show around lunch.

www.nasanorcal.com/events2011/nov/schedule.pdf

They didn't assign us parking so we're on our own to scope out a spot.

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11997

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I will be there early, of course. The Mothership is there waiting! Where should I set up camp. In looking at the paddock plan, there does not seem to be the normal spot by the tower area.

What about taking some of the HPDE4 area for us?

Jim
Jim Foxx
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds