Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11946

There is money available for each individual race and there is money available for the regional championships. These are Toyo Bucks which are good for any Toyo tires. Toyo also sponsors the National Championship where they award real bucks.

The info is here: nasaproracing.com/contingency

For individual races with 5+ starters the money for 1,2,3,4,5th places is $150, $100, $75, $50, $25. That is each race so Saturday and Sunday are separate. Less than 5 starters only rewards 1,2,3 with $40, $30, $20.

The regional championship takes effect if you have 5+ cars in 8+ races with awards for 1,2,3 of $1000, $500, $250.

We normally have no problem getting enough cars but this year has been thin. You can see why we need to make the count in this last race.

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11947

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Darin,

Toyo pays out $800 in Toyo bucks per weekend for our class with five or more starters and it breaks down as:
1st $150, 2nd $100, 3rd $75, 4th $50, 5th $25 = $400 per day.
$400 * 2 = $800 for Saturday and Sunday race.

In addition there is also a year end championship awards to the regional series champions and requires a minimum of eight races with five of more starters.
1st $1,000, 2nd $500, 3rd $250

This is the first year in awhile where we need the last weekend to qualify for Toyo's series championship, we normally meet this requirement by July.
--Ken

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11948

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Gentlemen, Big Dog has signed up for the races, however, I need some help.

Prior to the Sunday race, last weekend, I found that both bottom bolts were missing on the Koni shock inserts on the fronts. I have an 88 that cuts the original strut and uses the Koni insert. I need to borrow two of the cupped washers (that conform to the bottom of the strut) so I can fasten the inserts back to the bottom of the struts. If anyone has two spares I can use for the weekend, that would be great. Koni can not seem to get them to me in time (everyone is at SEMA).

Also, Easy does not have a late valence. I can race without fixing mine but would like to. If anyone has a serviceable, late valence, please let me know the cost.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11951

Big Dog,

Would stock struts help? I don't know if the parts come with the Konis or the stock struts. The Pick N Pull in San Jose has an 89 chassis (and an 85 & 86). I went over there a few weeks back looking for other stuff and the 89 had an engine fire but I can't remember if the struts were there. I can find some time to go by tomorrow I think. They want $33/strut per the website. Is that OK with you?

I wanted to check out the 86 that they just got in anyway to see if they had some bodywork I could use (I'm out of spare fenders and nose pieces).

Let me know ASAP.

Steve

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11952

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
White fenders and nose parts are of interest to me too !
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 6 months ago #11953

Jerry,

They did have an early car there with the nose intact (no fenders) and engine out. I could potentially cut out the whole section if you want it.

The problem is that the nickel-dime you for every component so I'd have pull the headlights, radiator, etc unless you want all that stuff. I have no idea what they would charge. My labor rate is pretty high, payable in Bass Ale.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds