(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing

Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing 12 years, 5 months ago #11955

• JuanP
  • Drivers Ed
It was great seeing everyone last weekend and especially to see the healthy 944 turnout. Sorry for the unavoidable schedule conflict last weekend with Dean's talk and your group 1 session. I'm just writing to provide details about this year's race craft clinic. Those that attended last year can tell you it was helpful and a blast too. Ask Jerry! I hope we will see you at this year's clinic working with your buddies to develop your class' race craft.

Registration deadline Dec 15. Early bird discount before Nov 15. We have limited capacity, so register early to ensure you get a spot. Detailed info and registration at:

> www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com

This is a special program for licensed racers or those seeking a racing license in 2012. Whether you are an experienced racer seeking your first podium, or just starting out, this program will help you develop the skills and edge to make you successful. The focus here is on race craft: driving in close proximity, off-line, and passing under braking.

On Saturday Dean Thomas will lead a combination lectures, videos, and discussions that will help you develop the critical analytical skills you need to outsmart your opponent. The successful racer is smarter as well as more skillful than their opponent.

On Sunday you will drive in a four car "sparring group" consisting of three students and one instructor. No passenger seats here. Instructors driving their own race cars alongside their student's cars is a highly effective way to communicate the nuances of race craft, and a lot of fun too! And it allows for very directed coaching for the more advanced racer.

This is a community event. Your instructor will be recruited from the top of your racing class ranks. These are the guys at the pointy end of *your* grid who are coming out to help their own. Last year we had three Porsche sparring groups for 944, 911 and 928(!) with Rick Lofgren, Behram Soonawala, and Mark Kibort instructing their respective classes. It was a blast, student and instructor alike.

Early Bird discount $350 before Nov 15. Register early as we were oversold last year. Email if you have questions. We hope to hear from you and see you at the Clinic!

Thanks!
Juan Pineda
Dean Thomas
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Attachments:
Art of Road Racing
Race craft clinic
Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by JuanP.

Re: Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing 12 years, 5 months ago #11958

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Katie went to the one hour presentation last weekend and said it was GREAT. I am sorry I missed it. I was looking forward to going when we were in Group 2.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing 12 years, 5 months ago #11968

• JuanP
  • Drivers Ed
Sorry Big Dog. Wish we could have made the schedule work for everyone. About the lecture, we received many compliments. Dean is as good a speaker as he is a racer and coach. The material he's prepared to share is really insightful and gets you thinking.

Thanks!
-Juan
Art of Road Racing
Race craft clinic

www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com

Re: Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing 12 years, 5 months ago #12020

• JuanP
  • Drivers Ed
Hey Big dog,

You are in luck. Check out the latest schedule for Infineon next weekend:

http://www.nasanorcal.com/events2011/nov/schedule.pdf

We have arraigned for Art of Road Racing to present again. You will want to attend the race group presentation at 12:30. Also note that there is currently a typo and it indicates "Group A invited" where it should invite both A&B.

Thanks!
-Juan
Art of Road Racing
Race craft clinic

www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com

Re: Race Craft Clinic -- Jan 28-29 -- ArtOfRoadRacing 12 years, 5 months ago #12033

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I am down for that. Great news.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds