Thunderhill
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Thunderhill

Thunderhill 12 years ago #13036

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Gentlemen, and I use that term advisedly, do any of you want to plan a dinner event Friday evening? If so, what? Katie will not be at the track (Florida to become an aunt) so nothing too exotic.

Is there a test day on Friday? If so, are any of you "hot shoes" going to be there for it?

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13037

Jim, we'll be up there but no real plans yet. There is a good Mexican place in town that we went last year. It is close to Ruth's b-day and Jerry too iirc so we should celebrate either Fri or Sat.

There's usually a Trackmasters day before Nasa weekends if you want to practice. I recommend you don't.

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13038

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I'll be there - probably arriving Fri afternoon. I'm open for whatever we come up with. I do have grill in the trailer so we could go into town or something at the track -- whatever.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13041

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I have the BBQ that hooks to the Mothership so grilling is easy. I will not have a car so getting into town could take awhile, what with hitchin and all. I have found that folks don't want to pick guys up, especially late at night.

If Steve is buying for Ruth's birthday celebration, however, I am all in.

I will look into the Trackmaster deal.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13050

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I should be there friday afternoon, if I make it at all. I'm signed up but work is putting a crimp on things. Our Union contract has expired and a strike is in the air so we'll see but if so Kim will come up friday after work and we'll have her car to run into town for a birthday dinner and margarita!

As for friday maybe burgers or something easy or bring your own dead animal flesh for the bbq and a side dish to share. If need be I can pick up some provisions on my way to the track.

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13051

Ron, a strike just means more time to work on the car! You need to look on the bright side.

With the kids in tow, we probably won't hang around the track Friday so I doubt we'll be in for a bbq.

Maybe we can plan to do dinner in town on Saturday since it sounds like Ron will have transportation to and from the track covered for those staying at the track.

I don't know about the dinner tab but I'll buy the first pitcher of margaritas
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds