recruiting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: recruiting

recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13289

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Hey guys, just got home from doing my part to try and drum up some new competition for us Norcaller's because I'm getting bored of the same old faces! . The town of Nevada city closes off downtown every year and does a show to benefit United way and I was asked to take part. I dusted off the 944 and set it out with flyers between an original 40,000 mile E type and a Riley(?). I felt a little out of place next to these flawless cars with all the war wounds my car has but i did talk to a lot of prospects and handed out tons of flyers. I think we have a few guys who are really interested. One guy has been lurking on this site and has been thinking of taking the plunge and liked seeing the real thing in person. I didn't win any awards but it's hard to compete in the German category against a stunning BMW Isetta or an original Messerschmit!
I still think the 944 is a better car than the Ferrari Daytona I was parked across from but I would have traded anyway!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryW

Re: recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13290

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Great job. We do need to get the message out more.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13291

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Ron, you are the man with doing lots of that work. Perhaps we can get a brochure box, from a real estate source, to put up at the races, especially Infineon (or is it Sears Point again). I can get a tripod to use.

I will be at Sears Point on Thursday afternoon and will try to secure a good parking space for all of us. Do any of you have plans for a garage? If so, let me know which garage space you get and I will try to get us a spot just behind the garage row for our compound.

Who all will be coming and are there any thoughts on when to try to set up our meeting with Gary?
Jim Foxx

Re: recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13293

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I have a garage - Not sure if Steve also got one.I'll post as soon as I know the number. I have more flyers so if we cna get a display box it would be great.

Has everyone signed up as Masuo was asking me if we were attending.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13298

Nice job recruiting Ron. You shoould let them know about the elder Lofgren's car for sale.

Just signed up. I don't have a garage of my own but I might split Jerry's if the parking works (Jerry I'll happily share the cost since I already asked you for the spot whether I use it or not). The row right in front of the garages is reserved for those with garages but we could park in front on the second row.

I think Ron planned to park in the upper paddock.

FYI, my car was not damaged in the contact last time out. The alignment was just tweaked and had to be reset but I couldn't find any damage (that a hammer couldn't fix).

Re: recruiting 11 years, 10 months ago #13299

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Good to hear about the car, Steve.

I signed up a month ago, before the signup was on the PRC area so my entry may not show up for Masuo, Jerry. Let me know about the garage number. I will try to get just in front.

Ron, come on down with the rest of us. I will stake out enough space. It is more fun to have you to pick on.

Lil'Kat will be driving DE again in her new helmet that fits her.

Dinner Friday evening, anyone?

Big Dog, Lil'Kat, the Piper and the Mothership
Jim Foxx
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds