NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: First HPDE questions, Help!

First HPDE questions, Help! 11 years, 7 months ago #13760

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Hi all,

I have read/heard from a few places that HPDE is a self tech inspection, but looking on the NASA website (www.nasaproracing.com/forms/form_hpde_tech.pdf) and found a HPDE tech form and it has a section at the bottom for and inspector to sign.

I am concerned about whether I actually need to attend the tech inspection at the track which is very early on the Saturday (6am-7am).

Also does anyone know how long the HPDE driving briefing is? Trying to figure out logistics for the family.

Thanks in advance!
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: First HPDE questions, Help! 11 years, 7 months ago #13761

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
You will need to get the HPDE inspection done - each region is a little different. A list of the tech stations is here:

www.nasanorcal.com/index.php?/site/section_hpde_tech

More details on Tech can be found here:

www.nasanorcal.com/racers/acceptance.pdf

The Drivers meeting can be a little long - I'd suggest the family comes with their own transport so they can arrive/depart without you if necessary.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: First HPDE questions, Help! 11 years, 7 months ago #13762

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
OOps -

Tech at the track is super early - and costs more money to discourage people from using it. If you get pre tech you don't need to do at the track tech I believe.

(never having done HPDE with NASA check out what I've said)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: First HPDE questions, Help! 11 years, 7 months ago #13763

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Jerry,

That acceptance doc is exactly what I need to find!

I will try to get one of the local places to check it next week.
Jason Jane
Norcal
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by BritRacer.

Re: First HPDE questions, Help! 11 years, 7 months ago #13766

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Definitely get teched ahead of time, you will waste a lot of time doing it at the track and pay extra like Jerry said plus if you fail, you'll have to fix whatever it is and then start all over. I used to go to Bugformance in east San Jose to get mine done but I don't know if they are still in business and are still doing them. I also remember Art at Autopoint doing one for me once. Should only take about 10 minutes.

Plan on spending alot of time in meetings at the track, especially HPDE1&2. You have tons to learn and they are going to cover most everything so kiss the wife and kids goodbye in the morning and plan on realistically seeing them again at lunch and just a few minutes during the day. There is a play center with a babysitter usually at Infineon and up where we park there is a play area plus my trailer has a tv for movies if the family is still bored.

If there is a problem with the car we will have to take care of it for you since you will not have the time but that car you got is in real good shape and you shouldn't have any issues.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds